Sign in to follow this  
14 snow

Lake Muskoka from MSR32

Can anyone provide insights on how Lake Muskoka is if I got on at the end of MSR32 (Indian Head) and ride essentially along the shoreline towards Touchstone? Touchstone is essentially on the lake by the golf course on the left side of this image.

Alternatively I could run Ziska Road from C102D but it looks relatively far and likely no snow on the shoulders.

53500257_BracebridgetoTouchstone.thumb.png.d643f1e5df9c50a8c18fff0bc972c46e.png

I can't comment on Lake Muskoka, but I would expect Ziska Road to be fine currently. Not sure when you're riding, or your exact destination.

I havent been on Muskoka this year yet but there is usually a stake line from Indian head. If i remember correctly it goes right by touchstone. I would call the resort and ask if the stake line is in.

11 hours ago, 14 snow said:

Can anyone provide insights on how Lake Muskoka is if I got on at the end of MSR32 (Indian Head) and ride essentially along the shoreline towards Touchstone? Touchstone is essentially on the lake by the golf course on the left side of this image.

Alternatively I could run Ziska Road from C102D but it looks relatively far and likely no snow on the shoulders.

53500257_BracebridgetoTouchstone.thumb.png.d643f1e5df9c50a8c18fff0bc972c46e.png

Lake is all good-just watch for bubblers not under control + usual spots to avoid!

Thanks guys for the info. I forwarded the info to 14Snow..:right_on:....

On 2/14/2020 at 9:55 PM, Steve F6 said:

I havent been on Muskoka this year yet but there is usually a stake line from Indian head. If i remember correctly it goes right by touchstone. I would call the resort and ask if the stake line is in.

Yup.  Stake line (last year anyway) goes from the Marina and goes right by Touchstone.  

I rode the lake from gravenhurst to milford bay yesterday lots of tracks 

just watch for bubblers