Timmins or New Liskeard?

DOM

ACSP00010008.jpgNorth of Timmins - flat

My 1st trip north in '79 thru Earlton reinforced a public school lesson as I had forgotten about.

Simply put the tan area is flat or relatively flat. The area west of NL & south of Timmins is Canadian Shield & quite rugged.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Liskeard west thru Elk Lake and Gowganda if you wants views....

X2 (see Blake G's pics from a few days go.

Another way to look @ it is this way, is that if you were to ride between the 2 locations , take the route thru Gowganda and/or Gogama.

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

X2 (see Blake G's pics from a few days go.

Another way to look @ it is this way, is that if you were to ride between the 2 locations , take the route thru Gowganda and/or Gogama.

Agreed. Or Ride Liskeard to Timmins, via gowganda way,  and see all in between..

Edited by TURBO DOO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Liskeard west thru Elk Lake and Gowganda if you wants views....

Outstanding!  Rode N.L. to Gowganda for lunch, and back last week.   It's been 2 yrs since we dun this, and the reroute thru the reforested area west of Elk Lake was stunning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whits-end said:

Outstanding!  Rode N.L. to Gowganda for lunch, and back last week.   It's been 2 yrs since we dun this, and the reroute thru the reforested area west of Elk Lake was stunning!

image.png.cdd848557bfc9557f89ddfb1b4b3171d.png

I think there was signage to Canyon lake thru there not sure what the attraction is. The pics & video Blake has posted is between the lookout & Hwy 560 looking north.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:33 PM, revrnd said:

image.png.cdd848557bfc9557f89ddfb1b4b3171d.png

I think there was signage to Canyon lake thru there not sure what the attraction is. The pics & video Blake has posted is between the lookout & Hwy 560 looking north.

I got the low down on this yesterday from locals in the J&S Variety Store though I didn't go back to check it out.

Canyon Lake has a good sized waterfall that freezes in the winter. The ice can be different colours. Right now its blue. Often it is green. Last year it was a rusty brown. It changes as the winter progresses and went you stand next to it you can hear the water running behind the ice. They had pictures. Looked pretty cool. I'll have to check it out some time.

If you watch at the road crossings just outside of Elk Lake you will see the sign and the trail that leads back to the falls. They keep it groomed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I got the low down on this yesterday from locals in the J&S Variety Store though I didn't go back to check it out.

Canyon Lake has a good sized waterfall that freezes in the winter. The ice can be different colours. Right now its blue. Often it is green. Last year it was a rusty brown. It changes as the winter progresses and went you stand next to it you can hear the water running behind the ice. They had pictures. Looked pretty cool. I'll have to check it out some time.

If you watch at the road crossings just outside of Elk Lake you will see the sign and the trail that leads back to the falls. They keep it groomed.

Thanks for the Canyon Lake info.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Faceplant tonight:

Canyon Lake

• Like 1