Misleading Trail Signage

revrnd

Has anyone come across trail designation signage that is 'blatantly' incorrect? Today I was on a stake line that had signage for the trail it was headed for, not the actual trail number. There was no 'TO' added to the sign. There was several of these 'incorrect' signs on the lake. The uninitiated might wonder where they were as the trail being 'shown' doesn't cross any water.

I've messaged the club in question & it will be interesting to see what their response will be. 

Glad to read that you followed up directly with the Club in question.  well done and hopefully help others.

The signing needs to be completely understandable for riders that are new to an area.

My pet beef is not adding the correct numerals of the distance to the point in question.

17 hours ago, revrnd said:

Has anyone come across trail designation signage that is 'blatantly' incorrect? Today I was on a stake line that had signage for the trail it was headed for, not the actual trail number. There was no 'TO' added to the sign. There was several of these 'incorrect' signs on the lake. The uninitiated might wonder where they were as the trail being 'shown' doesn't cross any water.

I've messaged the club in question & it will be interesting to see what their response will be. 

I have had it happen. I always carry paper maps so I can have a reference where I am. Saved my butt a few times. Come across T’s and no signs some one removes them. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

My pet beef is not adding the correct numerals of the distance to the point in question.

Yea not good when unfamiliar with the area and running low on fuel. If the distances aren't correct, they shouldn't be included.

• Thanks 2

IMO OFSC has not pushed to get destination signage right in this province.  Not even close.  There are good pockets here and there, but nowhere near as good as it should be.  It's a corporate policy change that is needed.  Clubs and districts aren't making it a priority.  Needs to be looked at from a higher level in the organization with some proper thought put into it like has been done in Quebec or New Brunswick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1