E 208 - Peterborough

Yamaha Fan

Map shows parking at 2100 Technology Drive.  That address is blocked by snow banks and closed metal gates.  The property has no winter maintenance. 

Close to the trail a sign says parking at 1100 Technology Drive. 

I'm confused as to where should I park.  Any input guys ...... is anyone familiar with this area and parking? 

Thanks for any information. 

Cheers. 

image.png.61c80d5bbf051f299052ef40cf552b08.png

Does this look right to you? The top portion above the railbed is the new Kenworth dealership. Not sure why the parking lot would be locked. I have seen rigs parked there in the past. The ITG is showing the trail as yellow right to Lansdowne.

Had my sled been ready sooner today, I was planning on staging there & running to Hastings. Maybe next week staging elsewhere. 

Hey Yam Fan.

I parked there a couple of weeks ago. Parked there a few times last winter too. It's never been locked. I believe it's also a parking area for the walkers/hikers as well. Wasn't always plowed last year but was this year.  I can check it out late tmo night(2230) on the way home from work if you would like me to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if this parking lot (marked w/ red X) is plowed? It's beside E208 SE of Lang off the Heritage Line (about 6 klicks S of Gateway).

1431597346_LangParking.JPG.976cf771cf6c403a197471b9e763dccc.JPG

2 hours ago, yamadan700 said:

Hey Yam Fan.

I parked there a couple of weeks ago. Parked there a few times last winter too. It's never been locked. I believe it's also a parking area for the walkers/hikers as well. Wasn't always plowed last year but was this year.  I can check it out late tmo night(2230) on the way home from work if you would like me to.

yamadan700 ..... that would be fantastic. Please do and give me a heads up. Thanks.

What is the actual address for parking?  And could you or revrnd show the location on a map for parking?

• Like 1

I was just going over google maps and the property beside the E208 is address 810 Technology Drive. On the other side is the parking lot but the ITG has the wrong address shown.  The ITG ADDRESS  is 2100 Technology Drive (wrong) which is way up the road past SIEMENS at the  bend before Keene Road. That's the snow banked blocked off property.

I believe I get it now. The parking lot is between the Railbed and the E208. I was there at 6pm tonight. There was a SUV blocking the entrance to the parking so I couldn't see it. A couple came out from the railbed with their dog and drove the SUV away but I had already passed them .

I think I get the picture now .... wish the ITG had the correct address/ information.

I hope this helps:

900931265_PtboStaging.JPG.fa0db6609fecfb5a95bde11a18e43e82.JPG

28 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Does anyone know if this parking lot (marked w/ red X) is plowed? It's beside E208 SE of Lang off the Heritage Line (about 6 klicks S of Gateway).

1431597346_LangParking.JPG.976cf771cf6c403a197471b9e763dccc.JPG

No that's a big screw up.  No parking there ever.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

I was just going over google maps and the property beside the E208 is address 810 Technology Drive. On the other side is the parking lot but the ITG has the wrong address shown.  The ITG ADDRESS  is 2100 Technology Drive (wrong) which is way up the road past SIEMENS at the  bend before Keene Road. That's the snow banked blocked off property.

I believe I get it now. The parking lot is between the Railbed and the E208. I was there at 6pm tonight. There was a SUV blocking the entrance to the parking so I couldn't see it. A couple came out from the railbed with their dog and drove the SUV away but I had already passed them .

I think I get the picture now .... wish the ITG had the correct address/ information.

Just checking the ITG and its location is correct.

Just now, signfan said:

Oh. I've MTBed thru there during the summer & noticed the parking lot.

Just now, revrnd said:

Just checking the ITG and its location is correct.

I agree... the location is correct.... but the address attached to the P is 2100 Technology Drive. I'm saying that address is wrong.

Click on the P shown on the ITG and you will see the address.

• Like 1

Yep been there before and it is fairly easy to miss .. takes you right to the rail line.

Just a heads up as last year, I came into the lot to launch and had a guy looking around the trailers and trucks until i asked him what he was up too.

He quickly disappeared .. 

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Yep been there before and it is fairly easy to miss .. takes you right to the rail line.

Just a heads up as last year, I came into the lot to launch and had a guy looking around the trailers and trucks until i asked him what he was up too.

He quickly disappeared .. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check the area out again tomorrow during day light to confirm location and safety. 

FYI, I have seen many trailers parked on the side of Technology Drive when the parking lot is full.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yamadan700 said:

FYI, I have seen many trailers parked on the side of Technology Drive when the parking lot is full.

Thanks for the info.  I was there again today  ... the trails are okay. Good to know we can Park on the side of the road. 

• Thanks 1

Probably head down on Mon'. Ride out to Hastings or Havelock.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Probably head down on Mon'. Ride out to Hastings or Havelock.

E208 is closed between Hastings and Campbellford 

Better to stage out of Havelock

3 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

E208 is closed between Hastings and Campbellford 

Better to stage out of Havelock

I had seen that. Is there a location in Havelock to stage? It's been a while since I've ridden thru there.

East of Havelock, just south of Hwy #7 on County Rd 50, is a parking lot right beside E107

I use it regulary!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, signfan said:

A big difference since I was thru there a couple of summers ago on the MTB. Full of junk/rubble now.

A note for any guys dealing w/ Gateway or DeWildt. If you are picking up a sled & E208 is open, there is parking/access to the trail a few klicks to the south. Not a lot of room for bigger trailers, but maybe OK if you wanted to go for a quick check ride before heading back to the city.

image.png.3a662ed727e26628faeb81afd2ad7983.png

• Like 1