Kids and Snowmobiling

revrnd

Saw a family of 4 out riding last Sat'. Always nice to see kids out on the trails.

613291879_CanWeGoSnowmobiling-Copy.thumb.jpg.c3a95aff8b1833d74ab87a0f64db05b4.jpg

428662157_CanWeGoSnowmobiling-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.3aeb7089ef2e8b18fb8b4a843809a016.jpg

The 2nd point is timely as during the coverage of the groundhog in Wiarton, they were talking to an older kid. He said he was glad that the prediction was for an early spring because he was sick of being stuck in the house.

WTF? The parents are to blame for nonsense like this. "Get your ass out and do something," would be what mine would've said...

• Like 2

My boys have logged 300 - 400 km so far this winter over numerous outings.  Enjoying every minute.  It's a different way to enjoy the sport.  Arguably just as fun.  Just takes some planning to keep the ride distances in check.  We're learning hot paws are our friends 

• Like 1

Spending any available minutes with my 9 years old daughter on snowmobile also all her friends love it and ride when visiting our place

IMG-20200128-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200128-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2

My wife and I both have the Seat Jack 2 for our Switchbacks. I actually haven’t even been out yet without a kid not behind me. 
We’ve gone on several day trips with them. 
with these “teacher strike” days we just plan an outing with them and either leave from the farm or trailer a bit north depending on trail conditions. 
they love it, it keeps them off the damn electronics and allows them to see how beautiful winter can be 

• Like 1

It's so sad BRP have removed mini's from production line at 2008 if I'm not mistaken. Also they don't have any 3/4 sled or sled with small CC engine. Actually now kids are limited with sled option.

My kids love their 250 bravo, they still enjoy their video games though. I was a gamer when I was their age so I can relate! :wtf:

Great to see children enjoying snowmobiling!  Thought I would share this photo from NRSA Poker Run last year!

Fire Pit at the Stopping Place.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dragon600 said:

they love it, it keeps them off the damn electronics and allows them to see how beautiful winter can be 

Toronto Star had quite an article last weekend about stuff to do in the winter around southern Ontario. It's not Siberia people!

I remember stopped in Kap' 1 day @ the traffic lights. 4 kids in their snowmobile suits walked up to us & were really checking out our sleds. No parents or SUVs were to be seen...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

Is that kimpex 2 up seat set up?

Yes it is. I opted for the kimpex vs. the Polaris setup so that I could still use the bag on the tunnel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -crz- said:

Yes it is. I opted for the kimpex vs. the Polaris setup so that I could still use the bag on the tunnel.

That’s what we bought for the Switchbacks. $550 seat and $125 bracket. Easily clips on and off. 
I had one for the 2009 skidoo that I thought would fit the Switchback but it doesn’t so if anyone wants one I have it available seat & bracket. Only used 1 season.