2021 Doo Release

Turbo Doo

17 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Could be a good selection of low km. 2020

available in the fall. 

Already been asked if I'm interested in a '20 Demo. 

I'm not sure what Doo is/was thinking on the MXZ colors this year. They've always been some form of Yellow or Y/B. Conversely the Renegades color scheme is now an MXZ color scheme... hmmm.. writing on the wall maybe?

Also after seeing the Freerides Gray/Red combo the only thing I could think of was an Alliance Ship from the Rebel fleet in SWs.. :blink:

Edited by MXZSlider

This new gauge package does look interesting.  Connects to your phone through an app so it can run navigation.  I think they are onto something.  Will be interesting to see how it works with the ITG and imotoneige apps.

22 minutes ago, signfan said:

This new gauge package does look interesting.  Connects to your phone through an app so it can run navigation.  I think they are onto something.  Will be interesting to see how it works with the ITG and imotoneige apps.

Agreed, but the upcharge is a bit ludicrous...8-).. 

1 hour ago, signfan said:

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Agreed, but the upcharge is a bit ludicrous...8-).. 

And sadly only avail on the 850 machines. If your going to offer it, make sure it's available from 600-1200cc machines. 

I tried build & price on both the MXZ/Renegade 600cc fronts and it wasn't an option. Switch over to an 850, boom it becomes available.. 

2 hours ago, MXZSlider said:

And sadly only avail on the 850 machines. If your going to offer it, make sure it's available from 600-1200cc machines. 

I tried build & price on both the MXZ/Renegade 600cc fronts and it wasn't an option. Switch over to an 850, boom it becomes available.. 

That's because everyone wants an 850...

:baghead:

4 hours ago, MXZSlider said:

Um, its available on all 850 and 900T Renny or MXZ X XRS Sleds. No more 1200

Edited by TURBO DOO

On 2/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, revrnd said:

That's because everyone wants an 850...

:baghead:

I suppose the market demographis suggest that. I'm wondering if it maybe due in part to Doo's marketing tactics and just pushing riders into that CC class as typically it receives the "new tech" before 600's. A bit of banter on DT about the MXZ/Renegade models once you float past the color and guage complaints. 

Personally I'd like to see the MXZ line upgraded to 137" reflect their current Race Sleds, a standard pull start, more adjustable suspension and the traditional Y&B color of the MXZ line. 

Yes, I get you can go to a Gade XRS and essentially have all of that (minus the 600R powerplant)... But.. I Doo think BRP is neglecting the model line that really got the momentum moving forward for them and all the sub-models that helped (Blizzard/TNT). 

As an aside... Poo's site is down currently, maybe a precursor to their 2021 releases ?  

AB048A80-35DE-4CA6-8C6E-DD3FC780D4F7.jpeg

Edited by MXZSlider

• 1 month later...

Picked up the 2021 brochure today. Any ideas why the SHOT system hasn't spread across the line up? If it's so wonderful you'd think that they would want it on more sleds.

As for their targeting the steep & deep crowd here are the locales their ambassadors hail from

British Columbia

Colorado

Newfoundland & Labrador

Wyoming

Alberta

Quebec

British Columbia

British Columbia

Alaska

Idaho

Idaho

Wisconsin

Michigan

A pic to keep us grumpy old flatlanders happy LOL

20200317_192541-1.thumb.jpg.feb3eefd96700cf0c5252ffecf3aac33.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Picked up the 2021 brochure today. Any ideas why the SHOT system hasn't spread across the line up? If it's so wonderful you'd think that they would want it on more sleds.

As for their targeting the steep & deep crowd here are the locales their ambassadors hail from

British Columbia

Colorado

Newfoundland & Labrador

Wyoming

Alberta

Quebec

British Columbia

British Columbia

Alaska

Idaho

Idaho

Wisconsin

Michigan

What are you snowchecking?.B)

7 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

What are you snowchecking?.B)

Not this year LOL

New handlebar & bottom pan.

NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LIFT SLED WITH FRONT BUMPER...

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Uh-oh...what happened?

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Not this year LOL

New handlebar & bottom pan.

If it’s anything like my 06 Switchback, you’re pretty much just removing the “bumper” by trying to lift the machine with it.  

• Like 1

W/ the red MXZs, is someone wistful for the late 80s Plus (not a fan then either)?

On 3/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, revrnd said:

British Columbia

Colorado

Newfoundland & Labrador

Wyoming

Alberta

Quebec

British Columbia

British Columbia

Alaska

Idaho

Idaho

Wisconsin

Michigan

I think trail riders have no interest in ever having to pull their sleds over.  With shot first start of the day is still a hand pull.  Trail riders will carry the extra 5 lbs with them to never have to pull start.  Also shot only works on 2 strokes.  Still a great product for the mountain market.

Got this email earlier this evening:

Web version
BRP
BRP

Dear Kris,

When I became President and CEO 17 years ago, I knew that some days would be more challenging than others. I have observed that the success of our company, even during the more difficult times, has always relied on two things: 

• Being able to provide exceptional adventures to our riders around the world
  • Having a great team who makes this happen

Today, this is one of those times where BRP’s values of passion and drive will help us get through the current challenges together and continue to deliver great experiences to all of you.

For those of you who have been directly affected by these unprecedented events and the many communities who are dealing with it or in recovery mode, our thoughts are with you. We are monitoring the situation constantly as it evolves and focusing our efforts to ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees, partners and communities in which we operate across the globe.

Providing the BRP experience

In addition, we are prioritizing our deliveries to make sure you can hit the road, the lake or the trails as soon as you can. We have been working in close collaboration with our dealer network around the globe to make sure they continue the service you expect and deserve. Rest assured we are in close coordination with our dealers who are up to date on the latest plans as they evolve, all the way down to sharing best business practices for hygiene and keeping their daily operations aligned with their communities’ guidance.

Your local dealer remains your go-to source for assistance and information, but before you pay them a visit, it’s best to contact them beforehand and check out their website, as their business hours or services may have changed temporarily.

Delivering on our promise

We’ve put measures in place to deliver your unit on time and as ordered. Everyone at BRP is dedicated to reducing the potential impact this situation might have on you: we are proud to have earned your business and want you to have all the riding days you have been looking forward to. If and when we do encounter challenges, such as delays, we will let you know right away and try to lessen the inconvenience for you.

As powersports fans, we want you to continue enjoying the great outdoors: the silver lining in the current situation is that you can go riding while still respecting social distancing and benefit from some fresh air without compromising anyone’s safety. This is what we like to call ‘powersports therapy’ and we highly encourage it.

To each and every one of you, we wish you and your family all the best and stay safe.

José Boisjoli

President and CEO

BRP

On 2/14/2020 at 5:31 PM, RAMSOMAIR said:

that’s the Ski Doo way. And they are the masters at it!

Yes and there will be a mid season addition with it on smaller machines in a few models. Just like how they rolled out rmotion over a few sesson’s too. Must be lots of inventory of smaller machines so doo wants dealers to clear those. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

On 3/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, revrnd said:

Well, one reason is b/c they have a hard time getting it to work.

Seems that it is mostly bad caps, but ???

Lots of units that don't work well, if at all out there.

58 minutes ago, Ox said:

Seems that it is mostly bad caps, but ???

The energy that needs to be stored to start an engine is enormous.  The only way to store that with caps is with electrolytic capacitors.  In order to keep that charge, they need to be very low leakage or the charge will just dissipate through the internal resistance.  And because electrolytic capacitors use a moist borax impregnated paper insulator between the spiral wrapped foil, they don't like the cold or being hot.  I am amazed it works at all.