2021 Doo Release

Turbo Doo

I just go with Henry Ford's colour [black] and if I sell it to a younger guy he can wrap it anyway he wants!

• Like 1

Ox BRP is pushing their marketing towards the deep snow segment of the sport. For a lot of flatlanders this holds little or no appeal regardless of age. No trails in southern Ontario (and like a complete collapse of organized sledding in Ontario) what is a person to do. Trailer to Wawa & D'ville to boondock?

Poo & Cat have intro'd new sleds for the entry level market. These are not old tech sleds like BRP offers if you want a low end 'shorty'. The TNT in the XP chassis doesnt compete w/ the newer sleds. You'd probably be better off buy a used sled of more recent vintage.

Hey go nuts w/ the colour choices BRP. I don't think the other OEMs have gone as far left field BRP.

Maybe I'll buy black next time & get the graphics shop in town do something I like.

40 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Ox BRP is pushing their marketing towards the deep snow segment of the sport. For a lot of flatlanders this holds little or no appeal regardless of age. No trails in southern Ontario (and like a complete collapse of organized sledding in Ontario) what is a person to do. Trailer to Wawa & D'ville to boondock?

Poo & Cat have intro'd new sleds for the entry level market. These are not old tech sleds like BRP offers if you want a low end 'shorty'. The TNT in the XP chassis doesnt compete w/ the newer sleds. You'd probably be better off buy a used sled of more recent vintage.

Hey go nuts w/ the colour choices BRP. I don't think the other OEMs have gone as far left field BRP.

Maybe I'll buy black next time & get the graphics shop in town do something I like.

... but what I don't understand is how you equate Doo's colour schemes with trailering in Ontario?

If Doo offered any colour that you want, as long as it's yella, Pol offered only Purple, Cat Green, Yammi Blue, and Deere Green, then the late 70's early 80's would be back?*

Per your schpeal, you are saying that the trail market in The Great Lakes region is dying, while the kids with snowboards that are buying machines are in the West, yet it's not best to cater to them?

* Well heck, let's go a wee bit further and git Rupp Red in the mix too eh?

what is a person to do. Trailer to Wawa & D'ville to boondock?

Well, I doo.... And have had to since '84/85

Edited by Ox

LOL!

Go check out the Euro's websites for early bird news eh? 

LOL!

Curious what Doo will unveil tonight

my lack of patience isn’t helping 

always enjoy new sled tech 

29 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Curious what Doo will unveil tonight

my lack of patience isn’t helping 

always enjoy new sled tech 

Thinking I will be dissapointed on the only two I'd be interested in (MXZ/Mach Z) 

My thoughts below..

850 Backcountry - Turbo 2S (leaked via early accessory catalogue) 

Mach Z - ?? (Doo hints via social) 

MXZ - updated to reflect the RS series (ie; 137 track) ?  - doubtful

Taller spindles and a non turbo engine spy photos floating around, but thinking I will be dissapointed on the only two above I'd be interested in... 

42 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

Thinking I will be dissapointed on the only two I'd be interested in (MXZ/Mach Z) 

My thoughts below..

850 Backcountry - Turbo 2S (leaked via early accessory catalogue) 

Mach Z - ?? (Doo hints via social) 

MXZ - updated to reflect the RS series (ie; 137 track) ?  - doubtful

Taller spindles and a non turbo engine spy photos floating around, but thinking I will be dissapointed on the only two above I'd be interested in... 

even with the risk of disappointment I still like to see what’s new 

Coles Notes version

No 850T 2S under 155" track

No Mach Z

Skandic/Tundra front end updated

600 Carbs are gone replaced by 600 EFI Motor

R-Motion X Skid

Pilot X Skis

eLinq (bluetooth) 

Linq Utility Sleigh w/Linq point attachments 

Meh... so far

Edited by MXZSlider

New gauges look very nice!  Red/Gold MXZ XRS not so much.  Renegade XRS looks good.  Probably won’t be switching out the Yamacat any time soon. 

lineup seems pretty cool

I would imagine a lot of trade ins coming for those who need to try that new RMotion.

That BRP Go sounds interesting too

Edited by Sledguy74

8 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Why provide standard LEDs when the Kool Aid drinkers line up to buy an add on for $400! Brilliant marketing taking advantage of the followers!

I take offence to that insuation! LOL If they had a kit priced like that for the XS, it would be doubtful that I'd spend that much for a lighting kit.

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

I take offence to that insuation! LOL If they had a kit priced like that for the XS, it would be doubtful that I'd spend that much for a lighting kit.

They do have one its 435 bucks !!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Why provide standard LEDs when the Kool Aid drinkers line up to buy an add on for $400! Brilliant marketing taking advantage of the followers!

Exactly. They took a page from Harley Davidson's marketing plan. They make more money on parts, toys and clothing than on the bikes.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Exactly. They took a page from Harley Davidson's marketing plan. They make more money on parts, toys and clothing than on the bikes.

Yup hit the nail on the head and i own a Harley too...