Warning to you guys with "cans"

GrizzlyGriff

On 2/7/2020 at 2:40 PM, Bucking Pig said:

Insurance companies have entire buildings full of people whose only job is to figure out a way to deny your claim.   

Why don’t you start an insurance company Bucking pig?

Everyone here would be happy to join up for cheapest rates, best coverage and automatic payment of all claims submitted.  You could rule the industry.

52 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Why don’t you start an insurance company Bucking pig?

Everyone here would be happy to join up for cheapest rates, best coverage and automatic payment of all claims submitted.  You could rule the industry.

Touch a nerve?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 7:09 AM, andreyboater said:

From my experience officers always polite and helpful, never see rude or unprofessional and loud pipes not good way to treat landlords.

X2 - never ran across an officer who wasn't professional.... I can see how if someone gives them attitude about being stopped and checked they may start checking everything and writing tickets when they find a violation that otherwise would have gotten a warning.

25 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

X2 - never ran across an officer who wasn't professional.... I can see how if someone gives them attitude about being stopped and checked they may start checking everything and writing tickets when they find a violation that otherwise would have gotten a warning.

Only instance was a numbers check from 2 constables and 2 auxiliaries. We failed and got written up. No back talk (just a couple of questions) & we got a lot of attitude from the 1 constable.

Speaking to a friend who was further up the food chain @ the next detachment a few days later. "Oh him..." was his reply. The brother of Constable 'I'd Rather Be Nailing Speeders on 69' had been the corporal in Apsley (when we had a detachment). I had spoken to him a couple of times about things & he was very personable.

All the others have been fine. Sleds are always 'stock'. Never been asked to open the hood. Paperwork in order, maybe ask how the trails are or our destination and then "Have a good day".

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

As I am not a member - I can't read whatever you may have intended us to see, but thanks for the link.

I put in my papers for admission. I'd like to see what they are all aboot.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ox said:

As I am not a member - I can't read whatever you may have intended us to see, but thanks for the link.

Trust me you'll only be able to take that page in small doses...

Well, considering how little time I spend on FB, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Trust me you'll only be able to take that page in small doses...

If I see a "705 trucks" sticker on the highway I make sure to keep my distance...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

If I see a "705 trucks" sticker on the highway I make sure to keep my distance...

I haven't that many of those in recent months. Maybe the MTO got them off the road?

6 hours ago, Ox said:

Same here, Joined the group to see what they have to offer to the sledding in the 705 area.

58 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Same here, Joined the group to see what they have to offer to the sledding in the 705 area.

And?

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

And?

Once again - I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

You think the folks there are putz's?

Or maybe the fact that F/B is a piss poor forum for a subject like this with ongoing and multiple subjects - where boards and threads are much more betterer?

F/B is good for updates and whatnot, but your not going to search for an old subject on a busy page for long.

There are better pages on Faceplant to get info on sledding in Ontario than 705 Snowmobilers. 

'Looking for a cheap can to put on 16 year old sled' 

And people wonder about the future of the sport in Ontario...

These guys are the 1st to run all over marked fields & then complain about 5 miles of road running when the gates are locked.

OK, so it is the putz's then.

I’ve been biting my tongue on this topic and yes I agree there is some questionable posts and comments but with almost 30000 members there will be bound to be some members that are dicks for sure. Myself and another member from this Very forum are both admins for 705 and try our best with the rest of admin team to keep the group in check as much as possible. What I don’t understand is if you don’t like the group then why not just leave it.  I do agree there is a few Fb groups that are very similar in posts to what we have here on OC and shared riding experiences. To lump all the guys riding with cans and say they are all young and members of groups like 705 you are very sadly mistaken. Sorry for being long winded but I felt I needed to share my comments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

I’ve been biting my tongue on this topic and yes I agree there is some questionable posts and comments but with almost 30000 members there will be bound to be some members that are dicks for sure. Myself and another member from this Very forum are both admins for 705 and try our best with the rest of admin team to keep the group in check as much as possible. What I don’t understand is if you don’t like the group then why not just leave it.  I do agree there is a few Fb groups that are very similar in posts to what we have here on OC and shared riding experiences. To lump all the guys riding with cans and say they are all young and members of groups like 705 you are very sadly mistaken. Sorry for being long winded but I felt I needed to share my comments.

Well Nunz when the topic popped up in my feed & went on & on, I wasn't impressed. No different than the comments about the police in North Bay enforcing the modded exhaust laws earlier. The attitudes suck. There are some people that will never get this fixation w/ cans out of their system. Regardless of the negative feedback towards snowmobiling because of loud sleds 'certain' people just can't get with the program. That being said, I haven't heard any loud sleds in my travels this winter. Maybe the message is getting across.

I'm on other pages (non-snowmobiling) & some have specific rules about what can & can't be discussed. I was reading a rule update yesterday. No posting about X & if anyone does post about it, person doing so is banned without a warning.

image.jpeg.877fbb36dcfdd807087485cd1ffdd9ba.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Well Nunz when the topic popped up in my feed & went on & on, I wasn't impressed. No different than the comments about the police in North Bay enforcing the modded exhaust laws earlier. The attitudes suck. There are some people that will never get this fixation w/ cans out of their system. Regardless of the negative feedback towards snowmobiling because of loud sleds 'certain' people just can't get with the program. That being said, I haven't heard any loud sleds in my travels this winter. Maybe the message is getting across.

I'm on other pages (non-snowmobiling) & some have specific rules about what can & can't be discussed. I was reading a rule update yesterday. No posting about X & if anyone does post about it, person doing so is banned without a warning.

I remember a long winded blast out the ass of Craig Nicholson a year ago last fall going on about these various concerns - trespassing particular - the article was in an OFSC publication, but nothing appeared on the facebook pages to which he contributes - he might have used whatever facebook influence he has to explain what problems the cans and trespassing are causing.' and perhaps lead some kind of initiative? ......as I believe he is paid to do..... Wouldn't want to hurt the aftermarket parts business though....

1 hour ago, slomo said:

I remember a long winded blast out the ass of Craig Nicholson a year ago last fall going on about these various concerns - trespassing particular - the article was in an OFSC publication, but nothing appeared on the facebook pages to which he contributes - he might have used whatever facebook influence he has to explain what problems the cans and trespassing are causing.' and perhaps lead some kind of initiative? ......as I believe he is paid to do..... Wouldn't want to hurt the aftermarket parts business though....

How long you going to let your butthurt and let the other old coot stay rent free in your head for? 

22 hours ago, reevester said:

How long you going to let your butthurt and let the other old coot stay rent free in your head for? 

Don't like my posts, fill out the following form and then head back to Freedom Sledder forum where you belong.....can't find any evidence that you've ever posted anything of value on this one....

complaint.jpg.6e640dde113a09a6adec807942bc662e.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Don't like my posts, fill out the following form and then head back to Freedom Sledder forum where you belong.....can't find any evidence that you've ever posted anything of value on this one....

complaint.jpg.6e640dde113a09a6adec807942bc662e.jpg

Dont see me whining about the same guy in every other post. I've done more for sledders and clubs then you can imagine. 

Edited by reevester
  • Like 1

Cool it NOW!

• Like 1

Took my nephew out of penetang to enjoy the day ice fishing, I can honestly say there are no shortage of sleds with aftermarket cans/pipes.. 

my house is very close to D trail in Port Sydney maybe 2 ks I can hear the cans at all hrs of the day and night ,not annoying for me at all but with  the new reroute on lone pine drive putting sleds going by several houses now there just may be a uprising in the neighborhood 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, revrnd said:

Well the thread was started to warn of increased enforcement and a rude cop. No attitude about it

• Like 1