Moonbeam Clubhouse

Turbo Doo

Just wanted to give an update.  Like in past years, they are only open from Thursday to Sunday. This past Sunday we stopped in there with Evil and crew, and i noticed the menu changed a little.  No French fries this year, seems to be a insurance thing, from what i was told, and not too much offered for main course type food. We will always support the clubhouse,  but much prefer Della Pieta in Moonbeam for food. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

One thing that kinda had me thinking was, they always did the fries in the oven.  So its not like they had a deep fryer or anything.. :wacko:..

Who knows w/ insurance companies anymore...

Maybe the person looking after their coverage couldn't understand why someone would want to ride a 'snowmobile' to a clubhouse for burgers & fries?

Before I moved my insurance from TD, I think the person I was talking to had never been north of Steeles Ave'.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Who knows w/ insurance companies anymore...

Maybe the person looking after their coverage couldn't understand why someone would want to ride a 'snowmobile' to a clubhouse for burgers & fries?

Before I moved my insurance from TD, I think the person I was talking to had never been north of Steeles Ave'.

Yah, i was not going to push for too many answers.  Its just too bad. Your TD person probably was not even in the country..:banghead:..

Planning on lunch there tomorrow 

I can find out

• Like 1

bar good to go.      when I was there a couple  weeks back I got a burg, no fries on menu. so did not ask for them.    but I did notice at the table that the locals kind of sit at, the one  closest to the food window. a couple burgs got served with fries on there plate ?.   was so busy the day I was there,  there is no way the oven would keep up to the fry orders.   maybe just to painful for them to try and serve anymore.  just a thought.

getting things ready to head back up soon for a few more weeks of winter fun :)

Edited by cookster
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cookster said:

bar good to go.      when I was there a couple  weeks back I got a burg, no fries on menu. so did not ask for them.    but I did notice at the table that the locals kind of sit at, the one  closest to the food window. a couple burgs got served with fries on there plate ?.   was so busy the day I was there,  there is no way the oven would keep up to the fry orders.   maybe just to painful for them to try and serve anymore.  just a thought.

getting things ready to head back up soon for a few more weeks of winter fun :)

We are headed up again soon also. B):right_on:.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

We are headed up again soon also. B):right_on:.

one of these times we will meet up.   maybe even get you"s over for a burg and beer  and a chat, I am only a minute or two  off the A trail, now that the detour has been made . 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:21 PM, TURBO DOO said:

Just wanted to give an update.  Like in past years, they are only open from Thursday to Sunday. This past Sunday we stopped in there with Evil and crew, and i noticed the menu changed a little.  No French fries this year, seems to be a insurance thing, from what i was told, and not too much offered for main course type food. We will always support the clubhouse,  but much prefer Della Pieta in Moonbeam for food. 

Nice seeing you at The Companion in Hearst.  Thanks for saying hi.

We stopped at the Clubhouse that afternoon on the way to Timmins.

Chili is always good.

Scott

2 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Nice seeing you at The Companion in Hearst.  Thanks for saying hi.

We stopped at the Clubhouse that afternoon on the way to Timmins.

Chili is always good.

Scott

Great meeting you and chatting also.  We are headed up that way again next week for a tour with some newbies to the North.  I agree, the clubhouse chili is good..

On 2/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, cookster said:

one of these times we will meet up.   maybe even get you"s over for a burg and beer  and a chat, I am only a minute or two  off the A trail, now that the detour has been made . 

We will in Cochrane the weekend of the 27 and 28th hope to meet up with you for a visit as well 

• Like 2