Port Sydney green trails

Muskoka Man

8 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

I'll be out for a ride tomorrow morning checking things out. Probably venture further. Both groomers were out this afternoon, east and west sides. 

Will be looking foreword to your  report 

Both groomers were out today but its still soft.  Should tighten up a little bit tonight and be really good by saturday.

1 minute ago, Steve F6 said:

Both groomers were out today but its still soft.  Should tighten up a little bit tonight and be really good by saturday.

Steve we got a ride planned if you want to meet some fine folks at muskoka fries sunday morning then shoot up to my place and ride north a bit.

4 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Thanks .going to saddle up first light sat morn and go to baysville and Dwight maybe  the new snow and cold will make for a good run 

Will be some nice riding over the next few days. As Steve F6 said, the snow was pillowy today - - but there were quite a few sleds out there knocking out the airiness.

20200227_170154.jpg

20200227_092014.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2

Going for a short ride with the GF to Baysville tonight, possibly down to purebrook. The forecast doesnt look too bad now. I think we'll get 2 more weekends,  maybe 3 in d7. 

Among other trails, I was on 55 and D103B this afternoon. Well groomed and smooth, but very soft. No throttle jockeys need apply. LOL 

20200302_120733.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Among other trails, I was on 55 and D103B this afternoon. Well groomed and smooth, but very soft. No throttle jockeys need apply. LOL 

20200302_120733.jpg

I waited for you at Muskoka fries this morning. I asked the little sweetie if Blake was in yet? The chubby old guy she said? :lol:

• Haha 2

Who ya calling old?

I resemble that comment.

Sorry I missed you, reevester. I was heading there,  until I got a close look at Lone Pine Drive.

Edited by Blake G

Trails were excellent tonight. I'll be out for a ride tomorrow. Both groomers are out. Getting boxed in with the road runs now. 

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

Who ya calling old?

I resemble that comment.

Sorry I missed you, reevester. I was heading there,  until I got a close look at Lone Pine Drive.

I went down 37 then went to take a peak at lone pine dr. Ugly for sure, turned around and back up a perfect 37 then into muskoka fries. 

6 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Trails were excellent tonight. I'll be out for a ride tomorrow. Both groomers are out. Getting boxed in with the road runs now. 

Yes me too ,scratch on lone pine is bad,another scratch on 37 is going to get bad and the scratch 10 mins north of Bracebridge will be nasty now I’m thinking  ,I’m feel like I’m on a island and the next few days forecast is not real hopeful 

• 1 month later...

The deadly level crossing of Highway 11 at Smith's Ultramar has been barricaded by the MTO.

20200403_192152.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Well isn’t that unfortunate 

Nope... should have happened years ago. Hwy. 141 interchange is much safer way to access Port Sydney if southbound on Hwy. 11, and use Greer Rd. to get to Ultramar, Home Hardware, Rosseau Road store, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snowchopper said:

Thanks for the info Blake. I have personally seen many accidents at this crossing. Definetly will be an improvement for peoples safety.:right_on:

1 hour ago, irREVerent said:

Nope... should have happened years ago. Hwy. 141 interchange is much safer way to access Port Sydney if southbound on Hwy. 11, and use Greer Rd. to get to Ultramar, Home Hardware, Rosseau Road store, etc.

Agreed. X2

• Like 1