wes arrived okay - mazinaw resort restaurant closed currently

slomo

EDIT- the owners of the Mazinaw Resort restaurant have had some kind of misfortune, so the restaurant on-site at the Mazinaw Lakeside Resort is closed currently. If I see the owners I will try to report when or if re-opening occurs.

If that was you at the side of the road  this evening.... pick up with sled in back....looking confused on highway 41 south of Cloyne trying to find Mazinaw Lake Resort....the resort is north of Cloyne about 20 kilometers from where the fffing useless OFSC map says it is and hard to see in the dark.....keep an eye out for a truck and bullit trailer. Good luck sir. Ontario sledders deserve better than this POS map . More later.

Edited by slomo
  • Like 1

Check out Mazinaw Powrrline s Facebook page. I’m preTry sure the Mazinaw Lakeside Resort is closed. 

AFAIK the POIs on the map are provided by the club and/or district. Maybe you should let them know. 

8 hours ago, Dragon600 said:

Check out Mazinaw Powrrline s Facebook page. I’m preTry sure the Mazinaw Lakeside Resort is closed. 

I did have a look at their facebook page this past week....decided to support the local business. The owners seem to be on site only Thursday - Sunday for winter, but accommodations arranged easily by email and a confirmation phone call. Actually the restaurant is closed due to an unfortunate circumstance....cabins are open. Looks like Wes found his cabin okay...not the guy we saw on the side of the road. Snow conditions look good around here and will be able to update once the sun comes up. ms. slomo back on the trails again for the second ride of her sledding career - hopefully less expensive this time around.

Good suggestion Big Pete - I will let the club know somehow. Lack of cell phone service on the highway contributed to some degree of frustration using alternative location methods. I still think we need a better trail map.