Windy Lake Motel

Lep

Anybody run from Windy lake motel on the Hwy144 up to shining tree....235-250km  is there a close fuel stop without going way out of our way....heading up for the poker run next wkd for a few days....Thanks.

7 hours ago, Lep said:

Anybody run from Windy lake motel on the Hwy144 up to shining tree....235-250km  is there a close fuel stop without going way out of our way....heading up for the poker run next wkd for a few days....Thanks.

I think riders hit Capreol for gas before heading north. Soup' can probably enlighten you better.

We rode from Windy Lake to Shining Tree and on up C trail to Tata Chika Pika two weeks ago. We didn't stop for fuel, but ride 900 ACEs. I think it was just over 100 km to the junction of C111D and C. At that point there was a sign that said 98 km to Shining Tree - wrong!! - it was 120. Still no problem for our group, but a nervous stretch that last 20 km. Revrnd is correct that the option is to head south to Capreol before heading north.

I'd be doing that on a wing and a prayer with my sled. I would be well into my last gallon by the time I rolled into shining tree. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lep said:

No gas unless you drop onto Rockies but it is a fair bit out of the way to do so.

It probably 20 miles or so 1 way to back track.

Or carry extra fuel

Thanks …….FYI there is fuel in Cartier trail runs almost right by the place.....Kellys Dinner....we don't need to carry gogo juice.....that's about 40-50km from Windy Lake.

• Like 1

If you have 200+ km range, then fuelling in Cartier will see you to Shining tree. My mileages were a little different than you have suggested for the trip. From Windy Lake Motel to Cartier I had 28 km. To the 111 and C junction, I was up to just over 100 km cumulative, and at gas in Shining Tree, I was at 223 km total. Trail and snow conditions were great when I was there. Hope they are the same for you. Enjoy.