Soo- Halfway Mileage?

Need A Vacation

Will someone please confirm the mileage from the Soo to Halfway Haven?

Per the app I came up with ~125 miles from the Ambassador Motel. 

TY!!!

I got 194 klicks using the online version of the ITG.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I got 194 klicks using the online version of the ITG.

Or translated into 121 mi. U.S.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it is 90 MILES from searchmont to halfway. depending on the route taken would change your mileage. i am guessing over 130 total, IF you dont make any wrong turns. Ski

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

it is 90 MILES from searchmont to halfway. depending on the route taken would change your mileage. i am guessing over 130 total, IF you dont make any wrong turns. Ski

reLeaf went 267 klicks & took 38 L to fill.

'ski, what he ran works out to 162 miles. If the TOP D was groomed (not breaking deep snow) & a person wasn't playing off trail, I take it riders (on a 900ACE @ least) could make it OK to Halfway Haven? I know in the past there has been a lot of conversations about running that stretch & dealing w/ no gas @ Searchmont.

• Like 1

I just rode from the soo to halfway haven on an 850 and it’s 130 miles from the fair field in and took 25 litres of fuel on fresh groomed trials. There is gas at Goulais river if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TY to all, including the pm I received!!!

We all have 850s. 2- ‘18s that have gone 140 miles, but my sled is still in break in mode... We do all have fuel if needed.

We are familiar with the Zone in Goulais. Usually where we get breakfast.

Heading up after work... Can’t wait!!!

TY again!!!

• Like 2

When we ran it in '17, we started in the Sault, got fuel in Goulais River, and rode through fairly deep snow to halfway.  The doo 1200 and Viper made it with fuel to spare.  My vector made it with .3 L remaining.  The only sled that ran out was the Apex, and he was bout a klick short.

59 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

When we ran it in '17, we started in the Sault, got fuel in Goulais River, and rode through fairly deep snow to halfway.  The doo 1200 and Viper made it with fuel to spare.  My vector made it with .3 L remaining.  The only sled that ran out was the Apex, and he was bout a klick short.

SJ, that's what I was thinking of & what happened to your group when I posted earlier.

19 hours ago, Need A Vacation said:

TY to all, including the pm I received!!!

We all have 850s. 2- ‘18s that have gone 140 miles, but my sled is still in break in mode... We do all have fuel if needed.

We are familiar with the Zone in Goulais. Usually where we get breakfast.

Heading up after work... Can’t wait!!!

TY again!!!

have a great trip, our group will be at the Ambassador Sunday afternoon then off for a week

• Like 1

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

SJ, that's what I was thinking of & what happened to your group when I posted earlier.

I bears mentioning that both the vector and apex have smaller tanks (9.14 US Gal,  34.6l) as opposed to the 40l tanks on the viper and doo.

• Like 1