Norvic Motel Trail

Jason T

There is now a trail from Norvic Motel on Hwy 17 to D trail which leads up to the Rail bed on Kukagami side. It is Trail 81 which turns into D trail. Just have to cross the highway from motel, and follow the signs. 

I have never stayed there, but heard it was clean, affordable and the owners are great people. There is a convenience store a couple km's away, and gas is about a 20 min return trip to Wahnapitae. No restaurant on site, but most places in town will deliver there.

image.thumb.png.2d8a89c570c6933f692977afdcd50ac7.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Jason for making folks and me aware of this place....perfect place to start out on the Wolf Loop in the STP if that is on your list or over around Lake Wahnipitae....Skeed...Capreol...Garson ...Falconbridge....etc. Nice light show to start your morning off.....

pic01.thumb.JPG.e003003905c16109f1aa5fc684a887b8.JPG

Modest clean well equipped and direct access to the trail system and there are few of those in Sudbury. Found it quite comfortable for one person, larger rooms are available. Good heat and hot water. A type of breakfast is available, but I brought my own, so can't comment on that.

pic02.thumb.JPG.1afa55d1c4ac31ada9c4055f746a1de6.JPG

pic03.thumb.JPG.e2f037741be91add8748692f46fe9e8a.JPG

pic04.thumb.JPG.8875fc2bf765647ad7dea97a870c6ddf.JPG

As Jason mentioned, pizza can be ordered and delivered or if you give Mike the owner a heads up before a certain time in the evening, he will go and pick up your take out order for you saving disconnecting your truck and trailer. Free local calls.

During that 4.5 richter seismic event in Sudbury at 10 am, my sled fell into a hole that suddenly opened up close to the motel and Mike came right over to help me dig it out. Not many motel owners will do that!  He then went and marked the hole to prevent further calamities.

pic05.thumb.JPG.345ebb8a4b3e1bebf083950ad338a99c.JPG

pic06.thumb.JPG.4f3535f53a00a0826abc2974780ebaed.JPG

Mike has been at the motel nearly 2 years, is a local snowmobile STP map advertiser, and despite not having the time to sled himself, has downloaded the OFSC phone app in order to inform his sledding customers of the trail conditions and where to go. A large batch of paper maps is available. Lots of truck and trailer parking.

pic07.thumb.JPG.b2f70defb463942197bbf87ba44e0971.JPG

I was given some coupons in case snowmobilers wanted an offered deal at the motel - I have taken a picture of them here - print out and trim should work as well as the original coupons I think....

pic08.thumb.JPG.4afa6fb8972282122203b5e5d8489c7c.JPG

As usual, when doing this sort of thing, I have received no discounts or other offers not available to other sledders , unlike some.

• Like 2

Great report.  Thanks.