Parking - Maynooth

signfan

Yes. Where B106E crosses 62 on east side of town. Just south off 62 is a place to park by the old train station. You can also go north on 127 about 10K to Linkies, Woods gas station. Lots of parking there, gas , etc. 

1A89EA8E-C7D8-4956-940F-D7476C5276D2.jpeg

Ok great.  Is the spot in Maynooth public property?  Only reason I ask is I learned the hard way last year that some businesses in the area are getting foolish.  Parked at Trudy's on 62 only to come back at end of day to a note on my windshield from the owners stating they felt I needed to pay them for parking.  Couldn't believe it.  Someone trying to charge for parking 30 km out in the bush from Bancroft.  I'd just like to avoid a repeat issue.

I parked in the birds creek parking lot last Thursday, no issues at all and at least 10 other trucks trailers parked there.  Plan to do the same tomorrow.  Was a short ride up the b106e to Maynooth.

79963E03-C587-4364-ADDF-B498738E7E8B.thumb.jpeg.732a0d0c18aa2c45f66a9ddb9c24145e.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

I parked in the birds creek parking lot last Thursday, no issues at all and at least 10 other trucks trailers parked there.  Plan to do the same tomorrow.  Was a short ride up the b106e to Maynooth.

79963E03-C587-4364-ADDF-B498738E7E8B.thumb.jpeg.732a0d0c18aa2c45f66a9ddb9c24145e.jpeg

We have used that also. Great little starting point..

2 hours ago, signfan said:

Ok great.  Is the spot in Maynooth public property?  Only reason I ask is I learned the hard way last year that some businesses in the area are getting foolish.  Parked at Trudy's on 62 only to come back at end of day to a note on my windshield from the owners stating they felt I needed to pay them for parking.  Couldn't believe it.  Someone trying to charge for parking 30 km out in the bush from Bancroft.  I'd just like to avoid a repeat issue.

Why would you think you have the right to park on someone's property for free??

I'm surprised you weren't towed!

Edited by Bigfish
  • Like 1

Birds Creek is probably the best spot to park. North of the Bancroft train station is good as well. No need to drive to Maynooth.

I've never seen anyone stage @Maynooth Station. Plowing is a laneway to a house. Not sure what it's like to turn a truck & trailer around there.

Brinklow Rd on Hwy 62 is where I sometimes start. Parking is OK as long as your spot doesnt impede plows entering & exiting the MTO yard.

29 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Why would you think you have the right to park on someone's property for free??

I'm surprised you weren't towed!

Not saying it's a right, but the small town hospitality is certainly lost when you go down this route.  They are a business that benefits greatly from the sport.  I'd be the first to buy gas and a snack from them every trip by.  Fact is I can park at one of the other local restaurants or on a township sideline free of charge in the area and would certainly thank those businesses for letting me.  It just threw me.  I won't be returning to park and ride from there and am now doing my homework which is what this thread is all about.

19 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Birds Creek is probably the best spot to park. North of the Bancroft train station is good as well. No need to drive to Maynooth.

I've never seen anyone stage @Maynooth Station. Plowing is a laneway to a house. Not sure what it's like to turn a truck & trailer around there.

Yeah I agree Birds Creek is a good spot.  Just trying to expand where we can get to in the days run.  Railbed running has gotten rather boring so Maynooth cut a bunch of that running out.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, signfan said:

Not saying it's a right, but the small town hospitality is certainly lost when you go down this route.  They are a business that benefits greatly from the sport.  I'd be the first to buy gas and a snack from them every trip by.  Fact is I can park at one of the other local restaurants or on a township sideline free of charge in the area and would certainly thank those businesses for letting me.  It just threw me.  I won't be returning to park and ride from there and am now doing my homework which is what this thread is all about.

Parked at Trudy's many times. Just go in and ask permission and throw them a 10 spot!

Not a easy place to make a living.

• Thanks 2

Parking @ Maynooth Station looks possible. Plowed wider than 2 lanes & a spot to turn around @ the end.

Gas station at Lk St Peter a great option (they encourage sled/trailer parking) , miss as much of the B106E as humanly possible.

If its flat thank your clean livin, it doesn't stay that way for long. 

LSP north and East are wonderful options on the MLSS trails. 

Lunch in Comberemere is direct trail access, by either E or local MLSS trails. 

MLSS 175/173/168 are lower traffic very scenic trails. 

Edited by I'll Ride Anything

• 11 months later...

Laneway @ Maynooth Station looks like it's plowed wide again this winter.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, signfan said:

Come on.  You parked on someones private lot and complain when they wanted you to pay?     It's 5 dollars!    They own the property but I guess you fell entitled to use it.    Sad IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Appreciate all the suggestions, for future rides. Thanks.

12 hours ago, SRXChris said:

Come on.  You parked on someones private lot and complain when they wanted you to pay?     It's 5 dollars!    They own the property but I guess you fell entitled to use it.    Sad IMO.

Only thing sad is that you felt the need to give me a hard time about a post from over a year ago.  What did I do to you?  Little too much city moving north these days for my liking.  Reminds me of when we spent all day and half the night getting the trail opened into a local town (not going to add names) and left the groomer over night in the local restaurants parking lot while we went home to sleep (parked out of the road in the corner).  Next morning the phone rings at 8 am just after were falling asleep.  When are you coming to move that thing?  Not thanks for opening the trail route to support my business through the winter months.  Same idea here.  Parking isn't a limited commodity once you get north of hwy 7 and as such has very little value.  Hence OFSC has provided many free areas to access the trails.  Reason for this post was to ensure I was being respectful when I headed to Maynooth last winter which I was.