New STP spot link request?

Xfirecat

Does anyone have the new SPOT link for Sudbury Trail Plan? 

It's not for public viewing anymore.

You need a password, I cant even get it.

26 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Not available anymore on NBSC website either.

I have a working link for the NBSC but it looks like just the north trails and It’s not complete. It’s great for planning a route, I would rather the groomer went by the day before. It just helps me decide to go left or right from my start point. 

Losing SPOT is another loss.  Was great to see when a trail that only gets groomed once every week or two was covered.  Used it for the Long Lk to Penage Trail many times, as it only gets a few passes a year and swamps end the trip short most often.   Now we have to ask the volunteers which just adds to their burden, if they answer at all. 

Another step backwards  IMO .  Our permit $  pays for the the GPS HW and only a select few local volunteers get to make use of the data it generates.  What a waste. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, largedaryl said:

Losing SPOT is another loss.  Was great to see when a trail that only gets groomed once every week or two was covered.  Used it for the Long Lk to Penage Trail many times, as it only gets a few passes a year and swamps end the trip short most often.   Now we have to ask the volunteers which just adds to their burden, if they answer at all. 

Another step backwards  IMO .  Our permit $  pays for the the GPS HW and only a select few local volunteers get to make use of the data it generates.  What a waste. 

The spot is a safety tool, not a groomer tracker.

• Thanks 1

Heard there were too many people running out after the groomer to hit fresh trails. The trails did not have time to set up properly, so all the work making the trails nice was getting wasted, and created safety issues for the operators and people on the sleds.

Exactly!

Some clubs are quite active on their social media pages informing people when/what trails have been groomed. Most are not which can make trip planning difficult. The ITG is essentially useless for this, it’s basically just a “cover your ass” to know if a trail is legally open and that’s it. Which is what makes the usual “refer to the ITG for updates” script we always get particularly frustrating. We rode “green” trails yesterday that were essentially unridable they were so badly moguled. Had we known we could’ve just went elsewhere and had a much better day. On the weekend yes, we all assume everything gets beat up and groomers struggle to keep up but mid week It’s nice to know where is good to go. Providing information costs nothing, a few sentences typed on a club page can help a lot of riders plan.