Day trip north of Belleville - looking for rider(s)

Puggz

Looking to rid myself of the mid week doldrums I was wondering if anyone is interested in a ride north of Belleville tomorrow (Wed, Jan 29th)? 

Starting point and duration to be determined. 

Not sure how you feel about un groomed with moguls and brush everywhere.  CHSC hasn’t groomed or cleaned any brush from Bannickburn to where it runs into Old Hastings territory about 20 km away.       

It was rough for me just figured I give you a heads up.  I rode from home to east side of memohisto I to the maze and back.  

I’d be down but not tomorrow .. and waiting for more snow. 

ATV ruts in the slush all thru Stirling over weekend and frozen now. Not worth riding at all. Head a little further north to the Bonarlaw junction. A few kms passed Springbrook turn left onto Station Rd. There’s a parking area there and you can head to Tweed, Havelock or Bancroft from there. All railbed. Not sure why the junction north thru Marmora Mines is red as they’ve groomed it but I’m guessing it’s because of a few washouts thru the mines.   

9C3ECE7B-7191-4242-9C3B-F3895D951299.png

Ten years ago I did some exploring down in the Stirling area (doing the square) & even down to Corbyville.

Yep lots of ATV ruts from Anson (the jct west of Stirling) down to Glen Ross. AZZHATS

I'm thinking of staging over in Coe Hill & riding up to LSP on Fri'.

15 hours ago, revrnd said:

Ten years ago I did some exploring down in the Stirling area (doing the square) & even down to Corbyville.

Yep lots of ATV ruts from Anson (the jct west of Stirling) down to Glen Ross. AZZHATS

I'm thinking of staging over in Coe Hill & riding up to LSP on Fri'.

Started at Marmora Station and rode to Coe Hill.  The first bit was pretty icy but it got better the further north I went.  Got all the way to CH only to find the Hidaway closed monday - thursday.  :wacko:

18 hours ago, Dragon600 said:

ATV ruts in the slush all thru Stirling over weekend and frozen now. Not worth riding at all. Head a little further north to the Bonarlaw junction. A few kms passed Springbrook turn left onto Station Rd. There’s a parking area there and you can head to Tweed, Havelock or Bancroft from there. All railbed. Not sure why the junction north thru Marmora Mines is red as they’ve groomed it but I’m guessing it’s because of a few washouts thru the mines.   

11 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Started at Marmora Station and rode to Coe Hill.  The first bit was pretty icy but it got better the further north I went.  Got all the way to CH only to find the Hidaway closed monday - thursday.  :wacko:

I've seen washouts between the mine & Hwy 7 in the past sledding thru there. A beaver crossing the trail 1 day.

That should be posted in the Food & Lodgings forum as a heads up. 

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

I've seen washouts between the mine & Hwy 7 in the past sledding thru there. A beaver crossing the trail 1 day.

That should be posted in the Food & Lodgings forum as a heads up. 

Done!

• Thanks 1