Deep River trail 136 and 137

grover_yyz

Greetings all,

I figure its been asked before but I couldn't find it, so sorry if I am asking again. 

Last year I rode on the 131,132, 136 trails which were fun to ride. We rode to the end of 136 and saw tracks which I suspect goes to trail 137. As anyone taken the trail to 137 and if so was it dangerous. It looks like steep terrain so a groomer can not make the trip. 

We are doing the counter clockwise RAP in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to change up the riding area around Deep River.

Thanks,

Jerry 

Edited by grover_yyz
typo

It is a bush trail down a gully with a small wood bridge at the bottom.    Only a few hundred yards long in all.  The steeper hill is on the east side... no issue with studs but there can be some small icy sections that a rookie could get stuck on.  There is usually a small creek on the west side.. we are taking about 4 inches of water and a few rocks.. very minor. 

If your group is doing the RAP I assume you can all handle 2 minutes of bush trail riding.  Don't worry about it. 

I've driven through it a few times and had my daughter on the back last time.  A non issue, unless day 1 on a sled. 

• Like 1

Was thru it Thursday and there was no ice and no water. Have seen both in past years and either way there was no problem. The only problem I have ever seen in approximately ten crossings is when travelling from west to east (137 to 136) and the east side hill is icy, then studs are a must. I saw unstudded sleds slide backwards down the hill and decide to turn around. Even if that happens, there is not all that much time lost going back on 137 to the A trail. Since you are traveling counter clockwise, the only issue could be no studs and the steeper east side hill is icier than I have ever encountered. Then the icy downhill could cause an out of control slide where some turning is required.

I rode that section of trail that is not an OFSC trail on Sunday, going down from 136 side to 137, it was icy on the hill. Locals use that trail a lot, myself the last few years I have only travelled this trail from the 136 to 137 side. 

On 1/29/2020 at 3:28 AM, shawnj said:

Pic taken of said bridge back in march 2017. 

The bridge has been refreshed since your last pic...a wee bit safer.

P_20190331_085822.jpg

• Like 2