Floor Pads

revrnd

When I was over to see irREVerent, I noticed he had rubber pads for kneeling on the floor in his shop. I thought that was a good idea as we've had some larger thinner rubber pads for our shop over the years.

They're available @ Princess Auto:

1756655136_RubberPad.thumb.jpg.ce71ef50285d70f7a0ab269ced8154e7.jpg

15 x 20 inches & an inch thick

I can say from experience, USE FLOOR OR KNEE PADS! I've spent the last week & 1/2 on crutches from spending 2 hours on my knees laying carpet at a trade show. Bursitis in the right knee. I thought I had good knees, had down this type of work & other kneeling work frequently in the past. Likely going to miss our sled trip north in a couple weeks because of my knee. :-x

Respect the knees! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, XTC500 said:

I can say from experience, USE FLOOR OR KNEE PADS! I've spent the last week & 1/2 on crutches from spending 2 hours on my knees laying carpet at a trade show. Bursitis in the right knee. I thought I had good knees, had down this type of work & other kneeling work frequently in the past. Likely going to miss our sled trip north in a couple weeks because of my knee. :-x

Respect the knees! 

Totally  understand what you are going through. I installed laminate in our basement and after physio for a few months and a year later I still having knee issues. getting old sucks.

For work I now have a pair of indoor knee pads and an outdoor set. I wear them if I am on my knees for any length of time.

Jerry