Where Did You Ride Today?

revrnd

17 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

The next bay N. of Scarcliffe takes you to road up to red barn on 118 right behind that down to Brandy!

P.S.-there was a blow down forming @ the mouth of said bay when we came back yesterday-BE CAREFUL!!!

Today it was nice to ride on some fresh Muskoka snow for a change. Should respond well to grooming with tonight's colder temperatures.

20200210_174655.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Got back last night from our week long trip through Northern Ontario, Drove to SSM last Sunday and stayed at the Ambassador Motel, nice place, left Monday am with our group of 9, Reevester, Go Bills, Wimpy, myself and Karen and 4 other that are not on the forum, rode to Wawa with a stop at Halfway Haven, new manager is really nice and and stayed at the Wawa Motor Inn for the first time, good restaurant and again would stay there again, next day we left Wawa and headed for Hearst and stayed at the Companion, did the lake run up to Dub which was quite nice, stopped in at Dub for fuel and a visit with Luc, Lunch at Cindy's and met up with Perry from the Hornepayne club, on to Hearst and stayed at the Companion, dinner with Denis and special thank you for grabbing oil for the one Doo in the group and some good laughs with us. Next day we left for Timmins and stayed at the Bon Air, not getting into details but we will not be staying there again in the future, next day we had our longest day of the week, 265 miles to Windy Lake Motel, stopped in a Minikawa for Fuel, Tree Bears for lunch and gas at Shining Tree Camp, another gas stop at Cartier and arrived at Windy Lake Motel around 7pm or so, group was very tired, Soupkids joined us for dinner and brought a set of carbides for one of the guys that had not replaced his stock carbides. Next day left and headed to Dunlop Lake Lodge, great place, again never been before but will be sure to visit again with the sleds and quads for sure, Met up with Dan and his friend Chad and Scott and Paige for dinner and drinks, good times there, amazing lodge for sure. Last day we headed for SSM and made it back to the Ambassador, found the signage around SSM a little lacking but I know they have had their struggles this year for sure.

All in all a great trip 1300 miles/2100 kms of fun times, laughs and always an adventure for sure, good thing is we had no breakdowns or incidents, other than a couple of small luggage issues lol.

Image may contain: 8 people, including Nunzio Iacobellis, people smiling, people standingImage may contain: snow, sky, tree, outdoor and natureImage may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 6 people, including Nunzio Iacobellis, people smiling, sky, outdoor and nature

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Got back last night from our week long trip through Northern Ontario, Drove to SSM last Sunday and stayed at the Ambassador Motel, nice place, left Monday am with our group of 9, Reevester, Go Bills, Wimpy, myself and Karen and 4 other that are not on the forum, rode to Wawa with a stop at Halfway Haven, new manager is really nice and and stayed at the Wawa Motor Inn for the first time, good restaurant and again would stay there again, next day we left Wawa and headed for Hearst and stayed at the Companion, did the lake run up to Dub which was quite nice, stopped in at Dub for fuel and a visit with Luc, Lunch at Cindy's and met up with Perry from the Hornepayne club, on to Hearst and stayed at the Companion, dinner with Denis and special thank you for grabbing oil for the one Doo in the group and some good laughs with us. Next day we left for Timmins and stayed at the Bon Air, not getting into details but we will not be staying there again in the future, next day we had our longest day of the week, 265 miles to Windy Lake Motel, stopped in a Minikawa for Fuel, Tree Bears for lunch and gas at Shining Tree Camp, another gas stop at Cartier and arrived at Windy Lake Motel around 7pm or so, group was very tired, Soupkids joined us for dinner and brought a set of carbides for one of the guys that had not replaced his stock carbides. Next day left and headed to Dunlop Lake Lodge, great place, again never been before but will be sure to visit again with the sleds and quads for sure, Met up with Dan and his friend Chad and Scott and Paige for dinner and drinks, good times there, amazing lodge for sure. Last day we headed for SSM and made it back to the Ambassador, found the signage around SSM a little lacking but I know they have had their struggles this year for sure.

All in all a great trip 1300 miles/2100 kms of fun times, laughs and always an adventure for sure, good thing is we had no breakdowns or incidents, other than a couple of small luggage issues lol.

Image may contain: 8 people, including Nunzio Iacobellis, people smiling, people standingImage may contain: snow, sky, tree, outdoor and natureImage may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 6 people, including Nunzio Iacobellis, people smiling, sky, outdoor and nature

Glad it all worked out for you guys. Sorry to hear about the Bon Air in timmins. Also for anyone interested,  the Companion Inn sells Doo 2 stroke oil now, just an fyi...

I'm still exhausted lol. 

• Like 1

Great report, Nunz.

Started a 5 day RAP Tour in Huntsville at irREVerent's with irREVerent and a friend from New York.  Day 1 took us to Dinner Bell in Bonfield.  Trails varied between 5 and 8 on a scale of 10.  The fresh snow was a nice touch and a lifesaver on the looong road running stretches.  Off to Deep River tomorrow where we'll spend an extra day in the Missing Link and NRSA area.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Great report ,great pics ,you need a few more doos though lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Glad it all worked out for you guys. Sorry to hear about the Bon Air in timmins. Also for anyone interested,  the Companion Inn sells Doo 2 stroke oil now, just an fyi...

Carbides should be on the take with you list. Not hard to tuck away.I will post a very thoughtful list in the other thread,mind you it.s from the 80's but I'll edited it and try to leave the author anonymous.

3 hours ago, DOM said:

Muskoka 1 did you ride up from gravenhurst ?

Have been down to Boston Pizza but we left from near Pride's S. of mouth of Muskoka River

15 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Carbides should be on the take with you list. Not hard to tuck away.I will post a very thoughtful list in the other thread,mind you it.s from the 80's but I'll edited it and try to leave the author anonymous.

I used to tie wrap a pair to the sled in a spot under the pipe. Not sure about lugging around a TS Pilot blade though.

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Great report, Nunz.

Started a 5 day RAP Tour in Huntsville at irREVerent's with irREVerent and a friend from New York.  Day 1 took us to Dinner Bell in Bonfield.  Trails varied between 5 and 8 on a scale of 10.  The fresh snow was a nice touch and a lifesaver on the looong road running stretches.  Off to Deep River tomorrow where we'll spend an extra day in the Missing Link and NRSA area.

Where are you in deep river.

Leaving house tomorrow morning for bears den . Its tomorrow nights stop for us.

@Nunz My sledding buddy that invited me up north in 2000 for my 1st trip, stayed @ Dunlop Lake in '99 & liked it there.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Have been down to Boston Pizza but we left from near Pride's S. of mouth of Muskoka River

I’m off Thursday and Friday i would love to a lake run with you as I’m not familiar with the lake in the winter 

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Great report, Nunz.

Have fun guys hope to get our for a ride with u this year 

Just how often doo y'all replace wear bars? :o

Sounds like more often than sliders?

Edited by Ox

8 hours ago, Nunz said:

I’m off Thursday and Friday i would love to a lake run with you as I’m not familiar with the lake in the winter 

I would but taking the bride to Forestel Thur. for Valentine's/Family Day!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ox said:

I've seen & had carbides bent while crossing rail crossings. 

Some common OEM skis you'll probable be able to get a replacement carbide @ dealer (if you can find 1). 

Aftermarket skis, you're best to take @ least 1 spare carbide.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ox said:

I changed the TS ski runners out at 12000kms. 

Edited by barberch
not needed

Day 2 of RAP tour with Sledjunk and my buddy from upstate NY...Bonfield to Deep River.  250 kms of awesome trails, almost all freshly groomed last night. A few pics from A112A, at mica mine. Nice to see all the "Ride Your Side" signs, especially on the Missing Link trails.

IMG_20200211_103328.jpg

IMG_20200211_103541.jpg

IMG_20200211_103431.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, barberch said:

I changed the TS ski runners out at 12000kms. 

The OEMs are just shy of 8000 klicks. I've lost 1 of the wear pad carbides. The 'control' carbides are getting rounded off.

37 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The OEMs are just shy of 8000 klicks. I've lost 1 of the wear pad carbides. The 'control' carbides are getting rounded off.

My 2012 grand touring with dual runners had 12,000 km’s on it and original runners were still in good condition. New one has 4,000 km’s on ts runners no problems yet. 

• Like 1

I rode to the dealer, sticky starter

Distance 1.1 mile

• Sad 1