Where Did You Ride Today?

revrnd

On 2/1/2020 at 7:08 PM, barberch said:

picked up my new 20 Enduro 900 T this morning and ran some of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton trails. They were a little bumpy but the sled ate them up!

60227157710__609D167E-F93E-4992-9570-CDD26C9075C3 (1).JPG

Sweet. Congratulations.  You have to take it for a rip on Pigeon Lake :D

Cheers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yamadan700 said:

Saw 2 moose together on the E107 about halfway between the E trail and Apsley on Thursday afternoon around 4. They were north of where the E107 stays on the east side of Hwy 28 and were east of the trail up on a ridge/hill.

We saw 2 young moose on the E106 between Springbrook and Marmora yesterday. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dragon600 said:

We saw 2 young moose on the E106 between Springbrook and Marmora yesterday. 

I saw a car parked on the E106 in the mine area yesterday, moron.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, SRXChris said:

I saw a car parked on the E106 in the mine area yesterday, moron.

Oh probably. 2 trucks last week just north of stirling. Sled and side x side Friday east of havelock and Saturday night close to Foxboro was a side x side, truck and car. People just don’t care. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon600 said:

Oh probably. 2 trucks last week just north of stirling. Sled and side x side Friday east of havelock and Saturday night close to Foxboro was a side x side, truck and car. People just don’t care. 

Somebody needs to start filing some Trespassing charges and following through with them. JMHO

• Like 1

Rode near Aubrey Falls this weekend, and had the joy of dragging this out of the bush.

dscn2326-jpg.339386

Rode New Liskeard to Amos , great trails. My one complaint is why do people in Ontario and Quebec stop on the trail side by side blocking trail  while they chit chat. You are not the only ones on trail !!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rode from the Soo to Wawa, trails a little rough coming out of town but much better once we got further north. Stopped in at Halfway for lunch met Drew the new manager he’s really nice. You can certainly tell it’s been cleaned up quite a bit. Stayed in Wawa and heading to Hearst this am

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Checked out an ice crossing on Paudash Lake & rode to the east end of the Trailblazers' portion of TOP E. No wildlife to be seen.

Saw a couple of decals on 1 of the map boards:

63939022_20200208_154711_resizedICEMAN-Copy.thumb.jpg.74c2fcda52d54fd9fb2d78b86b41fe39.jpg

(Iceman is over on the QuebecRider forum from Mont-Carmel PQ)

478088312_20200208_154717-1CozyAcres.thumb.jpg.dd172d3bf5f804d6f0ce9939d5701469.jpg

Ever seen 1 of these decals?

96 klicks for the day, 824 for the season.

My house to Kates, I guess there closed on Sunday? Wtf?? Oh well, after my last experience I think it was an omen.. went to ESSO in Warren for a coffee and peperoni stick. ( glad I had a good breakfast) 102 miles. Got to ride my favorite trail, D104 so that made the trip worth it.

IMG_20200209_151740.jpg

IMG_20200209_151744.jpg

• Like 1

Kearney and Sand Lake

short 48 mile rip after the drive up here 

11 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

LIKE      " maxed out my reactions "   LOL

Feels little weird up here without dad or his buddy but it’s nice to be back 

Edited by Sledguy74

Rode the 50 series trails around Port Sydney today they were in great shape for a Sunday Aft 

We left Port Sydney around noon, headed to baysville, then up 64 in awesome shape to kawagama, over to dorset for lunch then across LOB to 54 then south and stopped at Freds place. Groomer went by while we were there, he was heading to baysville. I also stopped at Freds yesterday and put up a motion light, works great! 

942AACF0-203B-4496-A21D-F423E6EE69EA.jpeg

• Like 2

Apsley to Benoir Lake (stopped in @ friends' cottage). Ran the 179 down to Baptiste then back to Paudashland on 612. Finished off the ride in a bit of snow & dark. I haven't done any night riding in quite a while. 176 klicks for the day.

And then this:

Idgits of the day. Sledding late this afternoon between Baptiste Lake and Cardiff. Come across a car that had slid off the trail south of Airport Road (northwest of Bancroft). Apparently assistance was on the way. Chalk up another case of people blindly following their GPS...

This is in the middle of bloody nowhere. I have no idea where they were headed.

image.png.299f7bf9f9606654b0a1f5fe0b906f4b.png

Up Lake Muskoka to Brandy Lake to Rosseau to Joe to Bass Lake Roadhouse for lunch & back-all good to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muskoka1 said:

Up Lake Muskoka to Brandy Lake to Rosseau to Joe to Bass Lake Roadhouse for lunch & back-all good to go!

Any reports of ice thickness? Many sled tracks?

What is a good cruising speed on the lakes? (We were on LOB Thursday, but there were bumps and ruts, which limited our average cruising speed to about 60 kph).

Edited by Blake G

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

What is a good cruising speed on the lakes? (We were on LOB Thursday, but there were bumps and ruts, which limited our average cruising speed to about 60 kph).

that's about what we rode on Tuesday

10 hours ago, Blake G said:

Lots of sled tracks/didn't check thickness @ ice huts-we rode 60/65-fairly smooth!

• Thanks 1

Muskoka 1 can you draw on a map your route on the muskoka lakes

where did you jump from lake muskoka to brandy?since scarcliffe bay is roped off

3 hours ago, DOM said:

Muskoka 1 can you draw on a map your route on the muskoka lakes

where did you jump from lake muskoka to brandy?since scarcliffe bay is roped off

The next bay N. of Scarcliffe takes you to road up to red barn on 118 right behind that down to Brandy!

3 hours ago, DOM said:

Are all the 3 lakes safe to ride on now?

As far as I'm concerned-usual exclusions apply!