OFSC Press Release Regarding Land Use Agreements

bbakernbay

22 hours ago, paulslund said:

You can kiss that aspect goodbye.  My club was just told by the OFSC that they had to remove anything from their website about trail status and only provide links to the ITG.  Any social media reports by a club are also only supposed to provide a link to the ITG. 

My club went from yellow to green this past Friday, and the ITG was only updated by late Monday or Tuesday... 

That, in a nutshell, is why so many people are no longer going by the ITG. That and the little issue about no enforcement. I see riders on my local trails from my car. Trails that are not open, and about which even the regular news outlets are getting air time about. (Remember television? )

Has anyone been charged with trespassing on a closed trail? I think they can either get on this, or let people use the available "work-arounds" at their disposal.

I don't wish to be some sort of outlaw, but I'm not going to trailer away from my local trails when people, including those with inside info are out riding them. 

I'm sure the ITG current model was a good idea when trails opened, and then closed, but those days are over. 

I do hate to keep bringing up the model of our neighbors to the east, but I can get on the spot updates, visit local clubs to get info from their websites, get ACTUAL trail conditions (remember what somebody started this forum for?) and find out when the last groomer passed, and decide which trail to take at an intersection. 

And we get open/closed 3 days late? Canada Post would be faster.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, manotickmike said:

That, in a nutshell, is why so many people are no longer going by the ITG. That and the little issue about no enforcement. I see riders on my local trails from my car. Trails that are not open, and about which even the regular news outlets are getting air time about. (Remember television? )

Has anyone been charged with trespassing on a closed trail? I think they can either get on this, or let people use the available "work-arounds" at their disposal.

I don't wish to be some sort of outlaw, but I'm not going to trailer away from my local trails when people, including those with inside info are out riding them. 

I'm sure the ITG current model was a good idea when trails opened, and then closed, but those days are over. 

I do hate to keep bringing up the model of our neighbors to the east, but I can get on the spot updates, visit local clubs to get info from their websites, get ACTUAL trail conditions (remember what somebody started this forum for?) and find out when the last groomer passed, and decide which trail to take at an intersection. 

I think the mindset about snowmobiling is diametrically opposed here & in PQ. The Quebec government embraces it wheres as regardless of the government of the day here, it's paid lip service. (see Ministry of Tourism promoting the sport while the MNR is of no assistance)

11 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Just an idea for improving speed of making changes to the ITG. Someone a week or so ago on OC stated something to the effect that they couldn't allow 200+  clubs to have access to the ITG because the system couldn't handle the traffic. Its a pretty long shot that 25 clubs let alone 200 plus would be editing their trail availability at exactly the same time IMHO so how about this as an acceptable alternative. A security system for the ITG (I'm sure there already is one of some fashion) that would give individual access codes  to 2 individuals from each club. Give each of those individuals a code which allows only her/him to access and edit trail availability for their club's  trails only. That allows each club the availability to update their trails only on the ITG anytime 24 hours a day. It could also be set up to notify that clubs district office of the editing.    This can't be rocket science or hugely expensive to do and it would surely improve speed and accuracy of updates or trail location changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just an idea for improving speed of making changes to the ITG. Someone a week or so ago on OC stated something to the effect that they couldn't allow 200+  clubs to have access to the ITG because the system couldn't handle the traffic. Its a pretty long shot that 25 clubs let alone 200 plus would be editing their trail availability at exactly the same time IMHO so how about this as an acceptable alternative. A security system for the ITG (I'm sure there already is one of some fashion) that would give individual access codes  to 2 individuals from each club. Give each of those individuals a code which allows only her/him to access and edit trail availability for their club's  trails only. That allows each club the availability to update their trails only on the ITG anytime 24 hours a day. It could also be set up to notify that clubs district office of the editing.    This can't be rocket science or hugely expensive to do and it would surely improve speed and accuracy of updates or trail location changes

Are club executives not allowed access to 'Clubhouse'?

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

Clubhouse and the ITG are separate entities.

Just now, revrnd said:

Our club's Trail Boss (I dont know Brad's proper title) has to send a message to someone in the District office. I know that he sent  a status change request message yesterday that wasn't acted upon until sometime after mid morning today.

2 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Clubhouse and the ITG are separate entities.

True, but couldn't like PLC says, something be added? That being said, some clubs may want to be more proactive in the reporting than others (who could continue to let the District handle it).

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

True, but couldn't like PLC says, something be added? That being said, some clubs may want to be more proactive in the reporting than others (who could continue to let the District handle it).

I hear what your saying, and perhaps it could be done that way. However seeing as the ITG is such an important feature of the OFSC, it would be a disaster if it was disabled inadvertently by having too many fingers in the pie, so to speak. 

9 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

I hear what your saying, and perhaps it could be done that way. However seeing as the ITG is such an important feature of the OFSC, it would be a disaster if it was disabled inadvertently by having too many fingers in the pie, so to speak. 

That is a consideration but if can be done. At work I could get into the Navistar International trucks system (corporate + 600 dealerships)and change status of truck inventory for our dealership only.

6 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That is a consideration but if can be done. At work I could get into the Navistar International trucks system (corporate + 600 dealerships)and change status of truck inventory for our dealership only.

Perhaps with some training it could be an option.

29 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

I agree with you 100%. I wonder if it could be set up so that 'restore points' could be created on a daily basis? If something were to get messed up, it wouldn't be a complete disaster. I'm a toolie, not an IT guy, so just asking from the layman's POV.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I agree with you 100%. I wonder if it could be set up so that 'restore points' could be created on a daily basis? If something were to get messed up, it wouldn't be a complete disaster. I'm a toolie, not an IT guy, so just asking from the layman's POV.

Each club could pick the 2 people they want set up. I would think one of the primary considerations might be computer savy.

• Like 2