I’m a changed man!

Baylaker

If all it takes is one ride, you know you have a serious problem. Wife and I went out today and put on a good 275kms. Now the wife wants to go back out Sunday & Monday. Busy the rest of the week, otherwise we’d be out all week. 

And no, the sleds are not for sale anymore. B154F49D-80E9-48B6-9F08-144D5ED49CFA.thumb.jpeg.635d355259336cadc9aad431996bebc2.jpeg14A340B7-B59C-4A98-80C7-CA889A022C0E.thumb.jpeg.0163ea77065c575674ecb07776da4be0.jpeg12415E2A-D167-4B24-A01E-72F6DDD40465.thumb.jpeg.c62e008e6390c22360b5090b8bd91fd5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Sounds like you have had a lot of bad rides in the past years?  What changed this year, particularly when the trails have just started to open?

Every ride out is a good ride! We were just sick of waiting for winter to arrive this year. It’s a tad late this year, so we decided to put them up for sale as we were getting a little discouraged and didn’t think we would get to use them. Last year we were out December 12th for our first ride. But we’re all good now lol, got our fix and now want more! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

98CFCD2A-F131-4029-8C08-FEE227A4973C.thumb.jpeg.dc3bfb0d618431c56df4e5444fd80906.jpeg

started just outside Orangeville on the rail line and drive up to Boston pizza in OS. Rail line was damn near mint up and back down. Little thin in a couple areas though. Fields had plenty up in OS & meaford, Walter falls etc. Some bush sections were a bit rough though. Still some holes that need filled, but obviously the clubs did what they could with what they had. Was a pretty good ride today! Most likely heading to singhampton Sunday and do the ride the 8 loop or a decent part of it anyways, haven’t done it in years and it’s a pretty good ride. Monday we’ll probably ride Durham & mount forest. Looks like another decent weekend storm coming in. I think coburg & Kingston areas will get majority of it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

started just outside Orangeville on the rail line and drive up to Boston pizza in OS. Rail line was damn near mint up and back down. Little thin in a couple areas though. Fields had plenty up in OS & meaford, Walter falls etc. Some bush sections were a bit rough though. Still some holes that need filled, but obviously the clubs did what they could with what they had. Was a pretty good ride today! Most likely heading to singhampton Sunday and do the ride the 8 loop or a decent part of it anyways, haven’t done it in years and it’s a pretty good ride. Monday we’ll probably ride Durham & mount forest. Looks like another decent weekend storm coming in. I think cobourg & Kingston areas will get majority of it though.

and there was much rejoicing!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good for you Baylaker, how is that saying: " Happy wife - happy life".:)

Edited by andreyboater
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

Good for you Baylajer, how is that saying: " Happy wife - happy life".:)

She wants more!!! Lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baylaker said:

98CFCD2A-F131-4029-8C08-FEE227A4973C.thumb.jpeg.dc3bfb0d618431c56df4e5444fd80906.jpeg

started just outside Orangeville on the rail line and drive up to Boston pizza in OS. Rail line was damn near mint up and back down. Little thin in a couple areas though. Fields had plenty up in OS & meaford, Walter falls etc. Some bush sections were a bit rough though. Still some holes that need filled, but obviously the clubs did what they could with what they had. Was a pretty good ride today! Most likely heading to singhampton Sunday and do the ride the 8 loop or a decent part of it anyways, haven’t done it in years and it’s a pretty good ride. Monday we’ll probably ride Durham & mount forest. Looks like another decent weekend storm coming in. I think coburg & Kingston areas will get majority of it though.

Thanks, pretty sure Mrs. Turbo Doo and myself will be out and about this weekend around the area..

• Like 1

Yeah forsure. I might still be cleaning up depending on how much snow we get. So Sunday is questionable. My buddy rode creemore area yesterday and said it was great! We’re getting out Monday again forsure though 

485B76E0-188C-4B6D-A4F4-3BD4385DEBAC.thumb.png.2429865d482545c395cbb6dac261a9d2.png

creemore area. He’s out of penetang, and said it was good everywhere he went. So I’m guessing he went through wasaga, possibly through Barrie, cold water and waubashene midland etc. They would’ve done a nice loop

Edited by Baylaker

We rode from Midland on Tuesday through Wasaga, Stayner and over to Collingwood for lunch then back. Overall not bad but must remember even though approaching end of January would classify as early season riding. Temps have ,creeped above freezing last 2 days and not sure how the field running around Wasaga will hold up. When we went through open fields had just enough snow to ride. If we get snow Saturday all should be better.