6 drowned in Quebec!

Muskoka1

2 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Seems he took them off trail on to a known dangerous section of the lake. Locals interviewed were pretty angry about a "trusted" "guide" gave their area a bad name. Apparently, all it takes to become a guide is an ad and maybe a $10 box of business cards. The part that pisses me off ( my skiing background makes sledding look like a lark...) is that the tourists didn't do the dumb move, they tried to do things right, and got screwed by a scam artist. Lowest form of life.

Was the 'guide' even from the area?

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Was the 'guide' even from the area?

I believe I read in a post somewhere that he was from Montreal. Not sure if that is correct.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe I read in a post somewhere that he was from Montreal. Not sure if that is correct.

Report on the news this morning said that the guide was from Montreal.

Sad and tragic... I flew into Montreal on Monday. As we approached the airport for landing you could see the St. Lawrence River and area. I was amazed at the number of snowmobile tracks on the ice that from the plane seemed extremely close to open water. Then just before we landed I could see a snowmobile running the ice, the open water, the ice and the open water, continuously skipping.

4 minutes ago, Ox said:

I've seen that... key for them though is they have a helicopter following them for instant rescue.

Well, one of them did actually swamp it early in the vid.

Not sure if this version shows it or not.

So that leaves one guy swimming by himself, or the other two w/o a spotter and vid recorder.

So not sure that it really mattered?

Yeah - it showed it, and I guess they fished him out before the moved on down river.

Maybe the other two beached it for a bit?

Edited by Ox

Vid was produced 10-15yrs ago by a few peeps around PS area....we used to have a indy 650 setup for water 20plus yrs ago up at the big lake in Sudbury,have pics of the boys water sking behind it.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

I've seen that... key for them though is they have a helicopter following them for instant rescue.

Helicopter got fines for for flying to low without a permit.Those boys have tooo much money. They are only minutes from your place.Green island on the left,Waubaushene bridge.

1 hour ago, Lep said:

Vid was produced 10-15yrs ago by a few peeps around PS area....we used to have a indy 650 setup for water 20plus yrs ago up at the big lake in Sudbury,have pics of the boys water sking behind it.

ed big time for                 Hell Henry Beida crossed Lake Ontario on a sled.

16 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Helicopter got fines for for flying to low without a permit.Those boys have tooo much money. They are only minutes from your place.Green island on the left,Waubaushene bridge.

ed big time for                 Hell Henry Beida crossed Lake Ontario on a sled.

Yep

14 minutes ago, gtserider said:

SS25 with some extra gas capacity.Port Dalhouise to Toronto Island.

I think the motor had been worked on too LOL I was talking to Gary Potyok (an associate of Henry) @ C&H Dyno in Batavia NY around the same time. I know they had a sled in there after me (I had the '85 Formula MX @ the time). I'm not sure if it was a watercrossing sled or a sled that they had just got in @ the dealership (a Plus?).