lindsay-any way to get from 402 to 309 ?

hancop

402 comes into Lindsay from Ganaraska, and 309 goes out of Lindsay to Fenlon Falls, but does not seem that they connect.

Is there anyway to get from 402 to 309 ? Want to Go from Ganaraska to Haliburton through Lindsay.

Thanks

It could be possible about 12 or so years ago. That being said knowing the ice conditions is necessary. Not sure if some of the vacant land we ran is still open.

Any corridors seem to have disappeared w/ new housing...

The trails are not open to go that way, a sled went threw scugog just the other day.  Still some very thin ice out there

You could be right.  Port Perry going East just opened to limited as well as Ganaraska so I just guessed he meant now.

Lindsay ia a black hole to sledding.  There is no way across and the town is not interested in changing that.

• Sad 1

2012 a friend and I came up to Lindsay from Ganaraska and a resident in a Ford F150 jumped the curb to run us over.  Luckily there were a string of concrete sleepers or else he would have done a number on us. Lindsay is not snowmobile friendly  .... never supported any business since and never used their Toy Airport either.  In another thread someone reported two ppl on a sled was whacking snowmobilers just north of Lindsay  ...... I won't put it past residents from doing so based on my experience. 

Bottom line is ..... don't go there and don't support their businesses. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

2012 a friend and I came up to Lindsay from Ganaraska and a resident in a Ford F150 jumped the curb to run us over.  Luckily there were a string of concrete sleepers or else he would have done a number on us. Lindsay is not snowmobile friendly  .... never supported any business since and never used their Toy Airport either.  In another thread someone reported two ppl on a sled was whacking snowmobilers just north of Lindsay  ...... I won't put it past residents from doing so based on my experience. 

Wow and I thought Huntsville was bad. 

11 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

So a few of us use to ride our sleds on the sidewalks to get to the bar... Thought the town folk would be over that by now, its been 20 years.. LOL:baghead:

(kidding)

Edited by Jason T

11 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

The first time I took trail south of TB road into Lindsay an older man came after me with a broom. Couldn't believe it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thetorches said:

The first time I took trail south of TB road into Lindsay an older man came after me with a broom. Couldn't believe it. 

GET OUT OF HERE!!!! 

I had the same damn thing happen to me! It was probably the same guy .. 3 houses in as you come out of the fenced trail line onto the street.

We had an old guy waving a broom or shovel at us in Fenelon Falls about 3 or 4 years ago.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

GET OUT OF HERE!!!! 

I had the same damn thing happen to me! It was probably the same guy .. 3 houses in as you come out of the fenced trail line onto the street.

Sounds like the same place.

Had a guy come down off his porch with a shot gun  I  was past him and his wife drove into the parking lot l stopped her told her about the guy with the gun .She said yeah  he is crazy but she has all the shells  don't get to close to him or he will hit you with it  All part of sledding folklore 

not in Lindsay.

there is a way through Lindsay, but the river has to frozen!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bigfish said:

there is a way through Lindsay, but the river has to frozen!

Ive grown up in the area, and not even the best winter would i trust that river to cross.

50 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Ive grown up in the area, and not even the best winter would i trust that river to cross.

I agree!

It's been many years since I did it!

On 1/24/2020 at 8:22 AM, Yamaha Fan said:

Is there parking South of Lindsay at Trail 402? I'd like to take the trail south to Rice Lake.

You can park at Goldenmile road in lindsay or in bethany right at Ski hill and hwy 7, but the MTO has put up barriers there so you have to maneuver around them.

1 hour ago, infernobuster said:

You can park at Goldenmile road in lindsay or in bethany right at Ski hill and hwy 7, but the MTO has put up barriers there so you have to maneuver around them.

Thanks.  I usually park at Golden Mile road when ATVing but wasn't sure if I can when snowmobiling.  I'll give it a try,  but trails south went red. :wtf:

Cheers.