Jump to content
Diceman

Holy Crap!!!

Recommended Posts

Saw this posted on facebook!!!

 

I would like to make everyone aware that on Sunday as my buddy and I were riding back to the truck after a beautiful ride from Thunder bridge Rd in Lindsay all the way up to haliburton, right in the area I have circled...there was a sled going north as I was coming down south with two people dressed in all black snow suits. Coming head on with you to try to make you steer into the ditch....they got so close and as they went by the guy double riding in the back got up and clubbed me with a little bat or pipe or something. I don't know what it was because it happened so fast and they took off. My buddy was half a mile in front of me and they also attacked him as well but just brazed his shoulder. I don't know what kind of savages we have on our trails but I just wanted to make people aware that this is happening. God forbid it's a dad taking his kid for a ride or a woman that weighs half of what I do. But when I got hit it felt like I drove into a concrete pole. I couldn't ride the rest of the way to the truck because I managed to stop the sled and fall to the ground in excruciating pain. Just want to make it aware that this is happening on our trails. I didn't get a description of the snowmobile cause it happened so fast. The driver tries running you off the trail as the double rider clubs you as they ride by......

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they notify the OPP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats f'n crazy. I did the same ride Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they keep it up - they may not be so lucky one day.

 

Good grief....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clockwork Orange gang at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, zoso said:

Mad max rides again.

Not even remotely funny.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did the pic go?  We are on that trail quite a bit with the kids.  This is so distributing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diceman, what Facebook site please? Tina and I are on this trail every time we ride out of the house (ALOT), the OPP need to be made aware of this.

 

Livin' 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good chance someone has a video out there. Busy weekend and helmet cams are popular now.  If it wasn’t you, how do you know it is real and not a joke by someone trying to get attention? 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Diceman, what Facebook site please? Tina and I are on this trail every time we ride out of the house (ALOT), the OPP need to be made aware of this.

 

Livin' 

Ontario Realtime Sledding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diceman said:

Saw this posted on facebook!!!

 

I would like to make everyone aware that on Sunday as my buddy and I were riding back to the truck after a beautiful ride from Thunder bridge Rd in Lindsay all the way up to haliburton, right in the area I have circled...there was a sled going north as I was coming down south with two people dressed in all black snow suits. Coming head on with you to try to make you steer into the ditch....they got so close and as they went by the guy double riding in the back got up and clubbed me with a little bat or pipe or something. I don't know what it was because it happened so fast and they took off. My buddy was half a mile in front of me and they also attacked him as well but just brazed his shoulder. I don't know what kind of savages we have on our trails but I just wanted to make people aware that this is happening. God forbid it's a dad taking his kid for a ride or a woman that weighs half of what I do. But when I got hit it felt like I drove into a concrete pole. I couldn't ride the rest of the way to the truck because I managed to stop the sled and fall to the ground in excruciating pain. Just want to make it aware that this is happening on our trails. I didn't get a description of the snowmobile cause it happened so fast. The driver tries running you off the trail as the double rider clubs you as they ride by......

Holy, not cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting this Diceman!! We will see if the local OPP is aware.

 

Livin'

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily & thankfully this persons post has been shared all over Facebook as of this morn. It has come up on my feed from friends that don't even sled. 

 

No doubt, the culprits are locals and have probably told someone about their antics. It's only a matter of time before either;

A - they try it again and someone gets seriously hurt

B - a Crimestoppers tip is called in and they're arrested

C- Trail vigilantism prevails (because option A above backfired..) 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

Luckily & thankfully this persons post has been shared all over Facebook as of this morn. It has come up on my feed from friends that don't even sled. 

 

No doubt, the culprits are locals and have probably told someone about their antics. It's only a matter of time before either;

A - they try it again and someone gets seriously hurt

B - a Crimestoppers tip is called in and they're arrested

C- Trail vigilantism prevails (because option A above backfired..) 

 

 

 

 

 

I like option C

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just absolutely ridiculous.  These loosers need to be found, and the key thrown away. You get no second  chances for this one. I have seen the post and pics, and it seems all real. OPP need to put these pieces of garbage behind bars. I will only post the area that this happened in. The post has pictures of the injuries and its not right to post those..We need to be ever vigilant out there. WOW. What a shame. I know what my reaction will be, if i see them coming..

Screenshot_20200121-143413_Gallery.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No different that the azzhats that string wire across sled & MTB trails.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can only hope they "graze" the wrong person, and that person turns around and hunts them down...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idiots like this always wind up bragging about it. 

Keep your ears open, and bat handy.

Not too many sociopaths afraid of the "justice" system these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely insane i hope someone caught this on camera going by. Or maybe they can check if anyone in town has surveillance.   I hope every club in the area can post or share this message and get these idiots caught.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im going to start wearing my GoPro more often - just wish the battery life was better in the cold..  I would have pulled a 180 and chased them down, got the sleds registration number and reported it.  Mind you, the OP being such pain was unlikely able to.

 

If you haven't', please report this to the OPP, chances are others have and it will give them an idea of how big the problem is.  Suffering in silence helps no one.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely disgusting.

I wish this would happen to myself on the trail. Unless I was completely unable to ride Id catch up to them and guaranteed they wouldn't be getting back out of the bush without medical assistance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That section of trail was pretty quite Sunday after noon . I came through there around 2:30 and didn't see a sled from Fenelon  to Thunderbridge Rd.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corey posted it on Fb this morn ,crazy a-hos on the trails now a days ,feeling safer nowadays with our off trail riding 

hope the coppers can do something with this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×