HALIBURTON LAKE

RIVERMAN

Looking for local  information on whether Haliburton lake is staked our is ridden across yet. Thanks. ps don't tell me to look at ofsc trail guild, I won't local input.

1 hour ago, RIVERMAN said:

Looking for local  information on whether Haliburton lake is staked our is ridden across yet. Thanks. ps don't tell me to look at ofsc trail guild, I won't local input.

Ask on hcsa Facebook page. They will tell you if staked or not I believe. Good ground of guys and ladies! 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Checked it Saturday and Sunday -not staked as of Sunday morning.  We won't ride it  if not staked, has some weird currents.Rode Whitney trail both days as well, but had to road run to get to it!!

Livin'

As of late Monday afternoon it was not staked. There were about a dozen tracks running the full length of the lake. A bit of slush at the north end. If you don't know, don't go.

20 hours ago, spatters said:

As of late Monday afternoon it was not staked. There were about a dozen tracks running the full length of the lake. A bit of slush at the north end. If you don't know, don't go.

The Lake was staked today. Lots of riders on it..... including me :icon_steer:.  Lindsay to Haliburton in great shape, lots of riders out on the trails.

Sorry guys ..... it's Head Lake  that is staked. 

Edited by Yamaha Fan
Correction: Haliburton Lake should read Head Lake

51 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

The Lake was staked today. Lots of riders on it..... including me :icon_steer:.  Lindsay to Haliburton in great shape, lots of riders out on the trails.

Are you confusing Head Lake in Haliburton with Haliburton Lake which is some distance away and still  is marked RED.If so your post should be deleted or a correction made.

1 hour ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Would like to have this confirmed. Heading that way on Friday, if not I will have to detour.

6 minutes ago, jjbffb said:

Would like to have this confirmed. Heading that way on Friday, if not I will have to detour.

same here

1 hour ago, jjbffb said:

Its Head Lake that is staked.

• Like 1

Addendum to earlier post. I  always thought that the Lake besides Haliburton was Haliburton Lake.  It's Head Lake.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused.  

It's a good thing that more experienced guys have clued into my mistake. 

Wow  ..... all these years I have been snowmobiling and never realized that. 

• Like 2

If you and i were naming the lakes, that lake in the village would be haliburton lake! lol

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:53 PM, Yamaha Fan said:

Sorry guys ..... it's Head Lake  that is staked. 

ITG still shows Head lake as " RED "

so it's actually staked ?

cheers

17 minutes ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

ITG still shows Head lake as " RED "

so it's actually staked ?

cheers

Head lake in town of Haliburton is good to run. However that section of b103 is closed on the land portion due to landowner issue. I was on it last weekend. I don't recall seeing stakes, I just went to get gas...