Parking in Lindsay

hancop

Or shoot up to Fenelon n park behind Superior propane. Turn left, lots of parking in the back / right on the rail line.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Superior+Propane+Fenelon+Falls/@44.5965018,-78.7221447,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x65b3c4315944c491!8m2!3d44.5965018!4d-78.7221447

Edited by ZR SLEDHEAD

I've also ridden thru Fenelon in the past & seen a lot of sleds parked along in the park just to the north of the rail bridge.

15 hours ago, hancop said:

Is there anywhere to,park in Lindsey on the trail ?

thanks

You can park right on Thunder Bridge Rd. Trail is at end of road. 

17 hours ago, revrnd said:

I've also ridden thru Fenelon in the past & seen a lot of sleds parked along in the park just to the north of the rail bridge.

That is a parking lot revrnd. Full every year on weekends and some on weekdays. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

That is a parking lot revrnd. Full every year on weekends and some on weekdays. 

It's been quite a few years that I've ridden thru there, so I wasn't sure if they were just parked along the street or not.

• Like 1

You can park on Thunderbridge road in lindsay, which runs along side the trail. 

You can also park outside ken reid park but very limited .. than theres a few spots in Fenelon.

The high school, the beach area and the superior propane lot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, infernobuster said:

You can park on Thunderbridge road in lindsay, which runs along side the trail. 

Thunderbridge road is now the trail apparently ..... I rode there today and there are signs on farm locked gates that read " Trail Closed".

Part of that stretch of trail along TB Road was already on the road anyway.....  I used the road to the trail head then headed up north. Lots of "scratching", we'll see what the residents have to say later. :wtf:

54 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Thunderbridge road is now the trail apparently ..... I rode there today and there are signs on farm locked gates that read " Trail Closed".

Part of that stretch of trail along TB Road was already on the road anyway.....  I used the road to the trail head then headed up north. Lots of "scratching", we'll see what the residents have to say later. :wtf:

the trail going west from the rail trail beside Thunderbridge road is RED on the OFSC interactive map. Thats probably why the signs say "trail Closed" I imagine....

1 hour ago, barberch said:

the trail going west from the rail trail beside Thunderbridge road is RED on the OFSC interactive map. Thats probably why the signs say "trail Closed" I imagine....

Correct.  TB Road is heavily parked on both sides.  This may create a problem as we may have to run up the asphalt in the middle of the road on weekends. 

55 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Correct.  TB Road is heavily parked on both sides.  This may create a problem as we may have to run up the asphalt in the middle of the road on weekends. 

are you sure it isnt just that the club hasnt got there yet? With the snow last weekend, they have been busy opening trails and this one may just be a lower priority

1 minute ago, barberch said:

are you sure it isnt just that the club hasnt got there yet? With the snow last weekend, they have been busy opening trails and this one may just be a lower priority

The farm land immediately west of the rail bed is closed by huge iron gates with signs saying "Trail closed". Further west the trail is on the road then back onto a farm land at the S/E corner of TBR and Angeline St N. This farm had no stakes but tracks. 

Most snowmobilers were using the road.  

Further west of Angeline the trail is in it's normal spot.

Hope I'm making sense. 

Cheers Barberch.

• Like 1