OPG Issues

revrnd

Saw this just now on Faceplant:

1679786376_Capture_2020-01-20-18-41-05.thumb.png.b09ceda154b55dfe52bc72df65bab45e.png

I wonder why the club has to deal w/ this added expense and not the OFSC. Sounds like the precedent for patchwork insurance coverage.

Just the beginning. Some say, of the end.

It's REALLY hitting the fan in D1.

Lots of finger pointing, apparently a club or 2 isn't going to do jack until the issues are resolved. 

Sad point, is that this was known to some before a pass was sold.

And pass buyers are calling shenanigans.

It's going to get ugly.

11 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Just the beginning. Some say, of the end.

It's REALLY hitting the fan in D1.

Lots of finger pointing, apparently a club or 2 isn't going to do jack until the issues are resolved. 

Sad point, is that this was known to some before a pass was sold.

And pass buyers are calling shenanigans.

It's going to get ugly.

Not just d1. Almost every district is having some sort of land use permission issue. Makes me wonder if ofsc lawyers changed wording on land use agreements and now there is back lash. Seems strange there has been all these issues at start of snowmobile season. 

• Like 1

Somebody in "risk management" drew attention to existing agreements apparently. HO blames the clubs, and vice versa. 

One trail here wanted OFSC to provide year round insurance to gain access that had been granted for YEARS. Why not? Nobody else pay for access, or does anything to maintain things. :roll:

Volunteers with tons of hours in and other people treated like mushrooms are venting. 

44 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Somebody in "risk management" drew attention to existing agreements apparently. HO blames the clubs, and vice versa. 

One trail here wanted OFSC to provide year round insurance to gain access that had been granted for YEARS. Why not? Nobody else pay for access, or does anything to maintain things. :roll:

Volunteers with tons of hours in and other people treated like mushrooms are venting. 

I believe that the issue is some wanting snowmobiling to pay all costs for every free rider user 

Insurance ruins all fun

Although American, this applies well to today;

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.

Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by crispy
added Roosevelt

15 hours ago, Wildbill said:

I believe that the issue is some wanting snowmobiling to pay all costs for every free rider user 

Tree huggers wanting a free ride.

3 hours ago, crispy said:

the get-rich-quick theory of life.

My neighbour from Hell was Ralph Kramden personified. Always looking for an angle.

Cripes he even resembled Jackie...

• Haha 1