Terrace Suites in Callander Report

Puggz

Mrs and I just stayed 3 nights at the Terrace Suites.  Rooms were clean and great hospitality.  Seems like they struggle for guest during the week and I give them the thumbs up for a place to stay.  Comments.

• On site restaurant is only open on weekends.  I would say that if they had a decent number of guests they would open all week.
  • Try the burger, its made on site. Its epic.   Other food they offer is good. Mrs had something that didn't make the cut and they didnt charge us for it (w/o asking)
  • As we arrived Thursday night, they upgraded us to a king suite with Jacuzzi.
  • Close to the trails, the bay, and fuel.
  • 15 mins to North Bay.
  • Parking with a trailer is possible, but requires a strategy as its not intuitive.

We would say there again.

P.

• Thanks 2

Looks like a nice place.....How would you access the trails from there - across Callander Bay? .......Does not seem to be a trail proximate to the property.

I am pretty well versed in Ontario geography, but this bit of research reinforced the utter uselessness of the OFSC trail map. Can only pity those from a distance who don't know Ontario place names. ....Sure miss the old one...guess someone needed a contract.

4 hours ago, slomo said:

Looks like a nice place.....How would you access the trails from there - across Callander Bay? .......Does not seem to be a trail proximate to the property.

I am pretty well versed in Ontario geography, but this bit of research reinforced the utter uselessness of the OFSC trail map. Can only pity those from a distance who don't know Ontario place names. ....Sure miss the old one...guess someone needed a contract.

Yes, the best way is across the bay.  However, there is a goat path that leads to SSR702 off (east) stone road south of the Petro Can.

We used it as a central base and trailered. 1st trip was Temagami to New Liskeard.  2nd trip was from Bonfield to Mattawa.  We thought about heading to Kipawa on Saturday (for the free w/e) but the impending snow storm kept us closer to home.