2 fatality's in a week in D12

soupkids

1st was a heart attack, 2nd today, hit a tree.

WTF.

Sheesh, there are a lot of hazards this year, some trails are just wide enough with no room for error because of all the trees that were cut off the trail.

I told the wife yesterday before we went on our ride to be super cautious.

• Like 1

On one of my Cross-Country trips years ago, I hit a tree going 15  kph.  It was a weird launch out of a gulley and the sled went left instead of straight.  It was a real eye-opener, because not only did I get launched straight over the handlebars, the sled took a beating as well, including the tunnel and trailing arm...and that was at 15 kph.  From that point forward, it brought awareness on how so little speed can cause so much damage.  The trees do not move.   

• Like 1

Kind of off topic but related to how trees don’t move. When I used to ride single track trails, you would NEED bark busters to protect your hands as your going through trails only a bit wider that the handle bars. Trees do not move, and sometimes guys will break their hands if they don’t have the right handguards 

The 2nd guy did survive so far.

Broken collar bone, arm, ribs.

Heard about the D106 fatality, last night.

There was a fatality in PEC on the bridge crossing into Belleville from the County also, head on collision.