Parking in Pembroke

Terry C.

Morning,

New to sledding in Ontario: always rode in Quebec before moving here.

Hoping to head out next week end and I was wondering where can I park our truck & trailer around Pembroke?

tks!

Terry

I usually only ride into Pembroke, but have seen many trucks/trailers parked at the back of the Irving's Big Stop, just off of Highway 17. It is located at intersections of trails 120/122.

Screenshot_2020-01-15-13-20-36.png

Edited by Crow
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

Irving truck stop. Highway 17 and #41 (Paul Martin Drive).

Right on the trail. Sled friendly. Fuel and great food. 

Let's support them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another place I see used is on Stencils Rd just past the weight scale.  It's off of Hwy 48 (Round Lake Rd)  just past Alice. 

This parking fits several trailers and is right on the B trail.  Great if your heading West on the B.

IMG_0721.PNG

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 1:23 PM, Crow said:

I usually only ride into Pembroke, but have seen many trucks/trailers parked at the back of the Irving's Big Stop, just off of Highway 17. It is located at intersections of trails 120/122.

Screenshot_2020-01-15-13-20-36.png

When I drove past the Irving to the HIX on Sun', I noticed a few rigs parked along the south side of the lot. Lots of sleds parked between the pumps & ditch too. Restaurant must be quite the draw. Ate 1 dinner & lunch there :right_on:

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

When I drove past the Irving to the HIX on Sun', I noticed a few rigs parked along the south side of the lot. Lots of sleds parked between the pumps & ditch too. Restaurant must be quite the draw. Ate 1 dinner & lunch there :right_on:

The restaurant at the Best Western (across from the Irving) is a good spot for a meal as well...not nearly as busy as the truck stop, so service is generally better, and the food is good.

We were there once many years ago. Sunday brunch was on and we didn't mix in real good in our 2 stroke smelling suits and the church crowd. But we did have a guy playing the violin through the room.

It was very good food, but just seemed to fancy, for me anyway.