Something new from Doo coming tomorrow

Turbo Doo

7 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Put that boosted 850 motor in a Mxz X, and look the fack out..:drool2::icon_dance-cpatch::evil2:..

It be a handful in a XRS or true RS chassis.. pucker factor = 100+ :mrgreen: 

2 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

I say bring it. 2021 Ski doo MXZ X turbo 850... I can only imagine.  :drool-1:..

600R Turbo in XRS/RS trim would be more than enough..

Better stock up on some Depends when you ride the 850T in a trail platform.

Just nonchalantly wave or nod  at me when you see me beside you at the checkout buying them :cheers:

• Haha 2

Just now, MXZSlider said:

600R Turbo in XRS/RS trim would be more than enough..

Better stock up on some Depends when you ride the 850T in a trail platform.

Just nonchalantly wave or nod  at me when you see me beside you at the checkout buying them :cheers:

I think it will be hard to pry this boosted 900 from my hands anyways. :D

2 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

I think it will be hard to pry this boosted 900 from my hands anyways. :D

Not sure how a boosted 850 would ever have the reliability of the 900. 

12 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

says its still 165hp at sea level so......

Its designed to maintain 165HP at elevation.  Its all ecu and wastegate controlled. Basically only build boost once going up in elevation.  I bet the aftermarket guys will have it making boost in no time at sea level. 

"Paradigm shift....."

:icon_doh:

I wonder if this was written by someone that has snowmobiled?

So it must be good :poke2:

An OEM two stroke turbo, im impressed this is basically a Brian Holtzman 850 for the mountain crowd which really is the ideal test bed, those guys run to the bars all day every day and that data will be extremely useful for the following models im sure will launch if/when this becomes proven durable. I have to think they put more R&D into the new Rotax two strokes than they let on because turbos are very punishing and two strokes are already running ragged edgy compared to four strokes.

My guess is the cost is due to limited production and an ins policy for warranty issues that are certain to arise. I think the entire effort here is both ballsy, and wise. Sorting our turbo two strokes that run reliably will put SkiDoo over the top imo. Gotta wonder what the max reliable power potential is going to end up as?

Two thumbs up from me on this approach, just be sure to stuff this into a Renegade chassis too for us Eastern riders. Thanks :razz:

Hey turbo doo farmer, settle down. It's only a turboed sled at elevation. :rotflmao::baghead::icon_steer::ehh:

I bet my chum has one next year!

Or yet this year?

Edited by Ox

. Seems a 50/50 split on this with lots of banter back n forth over on DooTalk. Some are not impressed, some are, some are patiently waiting for the trail version, while others are waiting for blown/puked motors to happen. Will be interesting to see where BRP goes with this direction. 

Doo is smart to push the development of mtx sleds. Soon, I mean very soon, that’s the only market that will be alive. Flatlanders are running out of snow at an alarming rate. 

2 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Put that boosted 850 motor in a Mxz X, and look the fack out..:drool2::icon_dance-cpatch::evil2:..

It is....just need to keep your eyes open...

8 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Doo is smart to push the development of mtx sleds. Soon, I mean very soon, that’s the only market that will be alive. Flatlanders are running out of snow at an alarming rate. 

Agreed, hence why I've been pondering a 137-144" track length recently. At least you can somewhat deal with a narrower ski stance when trails are green/avail, yet have off-trail capability.  

Super cool, I would want extended engine warranty on that monster !!!! 

16 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

Agreed, hence why I've been pondering a 137-144" track length recently. At least you can somewhat deal with a narrower ski stance when trails are green/avail, yet have off-trail capability.  

Those cross-over's still have the wide stance.

15 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Super cool, I would want extended engine warranty on that monster !!!! 

Extended warranty won’t help you much when your sitting on the couch for 3 weeks in prime time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't say this is a game changer.  It's certainly no rev chassis announcement.  Where is the electric sled release?  Something with 300 km of range in minus 20 degree weather.  That would have zero issues with altitude to boot.

That is just an altitude kit to keep the engine at 165 HP.  If it is boosted at sea level, (170hp) the rods will just  break again and saw the engine in half.  Same thing happened on 2016.5 and later Viper engines.  Boost and BOOM.  This forced everyone with a turbo boner to buy a Sidewinder that was actually made for the torque.

8 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

I say bring it. 2021 Ski doo MXZ X turbo 850... I can only imagine.  :drool-1:..

That there could be enough to entice this guy to the doo side of life!!...just saying!!

• Like 1