Something new from Doo coming tomorrow

Turbo Doo

Curious what it might be , 

guess we’ll all wait and see

chipped enough ice off sidewalk today ready for winter to show up and stay ! 

I think it's a turbo charged 2 stroke snowmaking adapter kit thingy.  Has LINQ brackets for front bumper and voila, no need to wait for snow, just make it as needed. And it will be wildly colourful.

Just a guess.

• Haha 3

i'll throw a guess out there

4 stroke mountain turbo 

6 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Summit 850HO.    Factory Turbo . 

Possibly an 850 H.O. variant in various Freestyle/Summit/Backcountry trims.

Can't see how BRP thinks that a Turb'd 850 2S plant won't have reliability issues, especially given the demographics of "Mountain Sled" sales are of the "ride it until it dies or just send it" crowd, then complain about it being the biggest pos on FB and other online venues... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

Possibly an 850 H.O. variant in various Freestyle/Summit/Backcountry trims.

Can't see how BRP thinks that a Turb'd 850 2S plant won't have reliability issues, especially given the demographics of "Mountain Sled" sales are of the "ride it until it dies or just send it" crowd, then complain about it being the biggest pos on FB and other online venues... 

It is an 850HO.   The big question is what will make it an "HO"?

1 minute ago, scottyr said:

It is an 850HO.   The big question is what will make it an "HO"?

Maybe a  900 or 1000cc 2S then, hopefully not the Turb'd version. Displacement is easier to work with or sell over a "tuned" (or in this case T-Bo'd) 2S factory variant. 

It's been done by BRP (600/900 ACE) and by all accounts is reliable and has a good customer base/following. The old adage don't mess with success comes to kind here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Perhaps they have made a quick swap long block based on their "Linq" quick swap luggage system. 5 minute motor swap, no tools required lol.

Hybrid gas/electric to full gas or full electric. Carry the one you're not using on an extended Linq luggage rack. I can imagine revrnd rubbing his hands together in glee as we speak.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

I don't see a 900 turbo mountain sled.YET.. I agree with scottyr, boosted 850 mountain sled. Sure sounds like an 850 in the video..

You probably won't either.  It's been tested with the 1200, just too many ways to starve the scavenging pumps for oil and run the block dry.  900 lubrication system is similar in design and pump location.

• Like 1

900 ACE Turbo Mountain Sled

4 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

You probably won't either.  It's been tested with the 1200, just too many ways to starve the scavenging pumps for oil and run the block dry.  900 lubrication system is similar in design and pump location.

Correct.   Mountain sleds are on their side or upside down too much to make a 4 stroke work lubricate the engine properly.  

The 1200 was a dry sump design - wasn't it?

Same as the 900.  Scavenge pumps put the oil into the tank, the main oil pump takes it from the tank to feed the engine.  It'd be difficult to have a proper and reliable way to draw oil from the tank without getting air.  Then if you're too long on a wheelie or a climb and the oil doesn't make it to the scavenge pumps, it runs out of oil.

Like I said, it's been tested.  BUT -- it's not impossible.

19 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Something new cooking at Doo. Maybe a boosted 850 mountain sled?.:evil2:.. Definitely sounds like a 2 stroke... I dont want to have to snowcheck again in the spring Doo..:evil2:..

Saw that on IG too.

Return of the Blizzard (4S in a 129" sled). Just thinking for the flatlanders out there.

As Denis has noted in the past, their focus seems to be the 'steep and deep' crowd. I haven't seen any content on their Instagram feed that would remotely resemble any sledding east of Canmore Alberta...

Can someone explain to me the need for the Backcountry & Freeride models, when you have the Summit?

Summit tracks = 175", 165", 154" & 146"

Freeride tracks = 165", 154", 146" & 137" (Isn't that covered by the Rene'?)

Backcountry tracks = 154" & 146"

Is was suggested that the 900NA shorty was dropped to reduce model complexity. Well to my uneducated eyes, it looks like a lot of duplication in the list above. That should've been the target for model 'rationalization'...

If I was running the Rec' Products Division (snowmobile department):

Summit

Renegade

MXZ (the Sport would finally get the XS treatment) It's 2020 & they're stilling using a sled intro'd in '08 for crying out loud.

Utility sleds 

In 2018 when I was looking to replace the REV, there were a lot of Renegades in the dealer inventories, but I hadn't felt the need to buy a 137 in the past, so why would I buy 1 then?

But then again, I'm probably not looking @ 'the big picture'...

• Like 1

Was at my local dealer about an hour ago. Posed the question, but they were remaing quiet on it (they maynot even know themselves), but all indications point to a T-Bo'd 850 Mountain Sled of some sort.. 

Edited by MXZSlider

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Return of the Blizzard (4S in a 129" sled). Just thinking for the flatlanders out there.

Can someone explain to me the need for the Backcountry & Freeride models, when you have the Summit?

Summit tracks = 175", 165", 154" & 146"

Freeride tracks = 165", 154", 146" & 137" (Isn't that covered by the Rene'?)

Backcountry tracks = 154" & 146"

While I'd love to see BRP step up their performance trail sled line-up, it's just not going to happen. The current market trend is for these Mountain Sleds. A dealer probably is on a 2-1 ratio of 144-156" length track machines, even here in S. Ontario.

From what I'm hearing from friends, even die hard performance trail guys are jumping up into to 144" track lengths to help combat or keep up with the ruts on trails from these machines. It also gives them the ability to off-trail when needed or to get a fix in. 

Reality is... Most of the younger/millennial  crowd is trans-fixed by the manufacturers onslaught of Mountain Sledding videos pushed at them. The marketing hype is translating into sales. If there was a plethora of MXZ/Rush XCR etc videos being pushed on social, there'd be a lot more Performance Trail sleds being sold. 

Admittedly, I've been eyeing a step up in track length myself, given the lack of snow lately. Off-trail riding seems to have a certain allure to it with trails rarely getting the conditions they need for the general population. I had considered a Freeride 137 that was sitting next to my MXZ when i bought and I may still go that route eventually... 

• Like 1