Rockys Restaurant

Turbo Doo

I remember 2014 January,  I stayed at the Chateau Guay and did a couple of huge loops.  Rocky's had gas, food and really nice waitresses.  Sledders were coming in from every direction on the Lake.  I  did that trip with 2 other guys who have since left the sport. Really good memories of Rocky's.  Wanapetei was well staked and fast. Pressure cracks were marked with orange cones.  

This winter is a dud, sad to see the shoreline in that state. Hope it gets better hereon.  

• Like 1

Lake should be staked next week.

C105 was done friday with 14" of ice.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

I remember 2014 January,  I stayed at the Chateau Guay and did a couple of huge loops.  Rocky's had gas, food and really nice waitresses.  Sledders were coming in from every direction on the Lake.  I  did that trip with 2 other guys who have since left the sport. Really good memories of Rocky's.  Wanapetei was well staked and fast. Pressure cracks were marked with orange cones.  

This winter is a dud, sad to see the shoreline in that state. Hope it gets better hereon.  

X2.  I have always liked Rocky's.  The only downside is that the land trail into there is always beat to crap and ungroomed.  I have ridden in the Sudbury area for many years, but the last time was a couple of years ago, and the trails into the hotels in Sudbury (CG and |Moonlight) were not touched for about 20 km in either direction and had not seen a groomer in over a week (according to the STP Spot site). 

As an outsider, it almost seems that STP does not want tourists :wtf: 

• Like 1

We have had issues with those trails in the past, was better last year.

This year I expect will be bad for other reasons.

The area is almost land locked due to issues with CP rail, I wouldn't expect miracles this year.