Are you getting the storm

soupkids

3 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

I know how you feel, I sure hope we don’t have to seriously consider pulling the plug on this great sport, maybe move to the mountains ? Lol

I know. I can’t even remember the last time I rode to st clements for wings on open trails.  I know plc would know the answer but I think it has been four years, at lest feels like it. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

X2

X3.  sold my 2017 Polaris in 2019 with only 1200 miles after 2 seasons., (after being 10 years away from the sport).  Took a nice 6k depreciation hit.  Figured that it cost me over $6 a mile to ride it for the 2 seasons (deprecation, permits, insurance, gas and oil).

Done with the sport. Now I just lurk on here from time to time, to remind myself that nothing has changed....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AceRacer said:

X3.  sold my 2017 Polaris in 2019 with only 1200 miles after 2 seasons., (after being 10 years away from the sport).  Took a nice 6k depreciation hit.  Figured that it cost me over $6 a mile to ride it for the 2 seasons (deprecation, permits, insurance, gas and oil).

Done with the sport. Now I just lurk on here from time to time, to remind myself that nothing has changed....

This year I am at zero miles so far. I could be way worse then your 6 dollar a mile figure shortly. If no snow in next few years, I hate to think that game might be over in d5, d8. Defiantly not as fun without local snow and local riding buddies. 

• Like 1

Ace sorry about your loss . Deals to be had when some one decides to move on. 

18 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Im not pulling any plugs yet. See how my attitude is after Quebec this week..:evil2:

I’m sure the love will return after the trip

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/multiple-systems-track-through-southern-ontario-this-week-eyes-on-weekend-storm-with-heavy-snow-potential

this looks promising, there may just be hope after all. Colorado lows usually bring a decent amount of snow.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AceRacer said:

I measured my first used snowmobile (a 70's 440 tnt i beleive) in $ per minute of use until the engine blew  , I was $350/min, it lasted two minutes on the trail

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/multiple-systems-track-through-southern-ontario-this-week-eyes-on-weekend-storm-with-heavy-snow-potential

this looks promising, there may just be hope after all. Colorado lows usually bring a decent amount of snow.

Ill believe it, when im snowblowing it..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Ill believe it, when im snowblowing it..

Yes, all hype as usual. They haven’t predicted a damn thing even close this year. So far this year, Actual snowfall amount are at about 1/4 of what’s predicted in all the hype. They say 20cm and we have gotten about 5cm. FACT. However, when they predict 20mm of rain, guess what....bingo 20mm or more wtf?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For our area (fergus) they have forecasted a certain amount of snow and we’ve got at least double of what they were calling for a few times this year already. Sometimes 3x the amount. But, of course the warm temps and rain always wash it away the next day. I think we just might get this Colorado low. They are definitely snow producers when we get them.

hoping we get a good storm this weekend, I wouldn’t mind more seat time in the tractor. Also wouldn’t mind only travelling no more than an hour north this year...

Have over 2000 bucks tied up in my 2012 sled and my outdoor skating rink this winter.

not looking like either will get used. 

Starting to hate winter, more so cause it's doesn't happen anymore, I love winter and hate having no way to enjoy it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yes, all hype as usual. They haven’t predicted a damn thing even close this year. So far this year, Actual snowfall amount are at about 1/4 of what’s predicted in all the hype. They say 20cm and we have gotten about 5cm. FACT. However, when they predict 20mm of rain, guess what....bingo 20mm or more wtf?

I remember a few winters about 15 years ago when the forecasts were WAYYYY off. Snowfalls in Durham Region/GTA would be about 25% of what was forecast. 

Then when all they predicted for the overnight & next day was cloud, you'd wake up to 3" on the truck & it was still snowing like a (fill in the blank)...

3 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Texas lows were usually good too

Yes but last weekend was a Texas low too...

I hate it when I see massive snowfalls in Kansas or Missouri. Like anyone there needs snow.

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Yes but last weekend was a Texas low too...

I hate it when I see massive snowfalls in Kansas or Missouri. Like anyone there needs snow.

Shhhhh I'm heading to Kansas city MO on Thursday 

Started snowing in Apsley the past hour.

Got about 5 inches of ice from the storm last Sat/Sunday and about 3 inches of snow here in Omemee. Was riding the local trails and roads. Saw some snowmobilers on the Pigeon Lake behind me, so I rode around the edges of the Lake for a bit. This was all non OFSC riding so far and it's the middle of January. Haven't used the trails as none is open as yet ...... seen some people riding on the railbed even though it's showing red on the trail map.

think 11 1/2 snowflakes in New Hamburg...lol...

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

D5 not looking like it will open much this year. 

There is no reason to expend energy and money staking D5 anymore.  I don't think there are stakes around Innerkip.  At least I have not seen any obvious ones.