Are you getting the storm

soupkids

1 minute ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Rained all Saturday night in Omemee..... snow and ice slid off my metal roof. Had to "back break" shovel all that ice and wet snow. Started snowing around 7 am Sunday morning and rain/snow all day up to now 6:11pm. Lots of wet snow still on the ground.

A look on the bright side ...... we will have a good ice base if it freezes and about 8" of snow falls .

Good thing your retired or you'd look real silly walking into work tomorrow. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Yah, no kidding.  For me personally, once i loose my ability to head north, i am done with sledding.  Right now, i am only in it, because Mrs. Turbo Doo and myself enjoy the north SOOOO much.  If we ride from home, great, bonus,  if not, oh well. I am frustrated with the weather, like the rest of us are..

Same here.   I fortunate enough to be able to afford to take multiple trips to Northern Ontario and Quebec every year.    The second that things slow down business-wise the first thing to go will be my sleds.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reevester said:

Good thing your retired or you'd look real silly walking into work tomorrow. :lol:

About what I was thinking.....

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Same here.   I fortunate enough to be able to afford to take multiple trips to Northern Ontario and Quebec every year.    The second that things slow down business-wise the first thing to go will be my sleds.   

Its definitely a disease we all share, this sport of sledding is. :D

• Like 1

Still snowing in Apsley @ 12:30 AM.

20200126_003034-1.thumb.jpg.70b32cd7e3349a3e58d72287f050844b.jpg20200126_003049-1.thumb.jpg.dff8ad071f16d5f89c21e78b7b9622dc.jpg20200126_003117.thumb.jpg.175034d99875872c53f23cbdf5511502.jpg

We’ll see what today brings. I don’t expect much snow.

42 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

We’ll see what today brings. I don’t expect much snow.

We only amounted maybe 2-3cm here ine Lindsay area. Mostly wet flurries throughout the day. 

Finally started to snow. Only like 20hrs late.

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

What is base like around you now. We lost about 80 percent of snow around here in last 30 hours. Still raining abit now too.  

I’m not too sure, I think we may have lost 25% of our snow. Definitely didn’t loose as much as I thought we would. We also didn’t get a lot of rain either, not what they were calling for anyways. I think I may just take a drive. Gotta get off this couch!

Just now, Baylaker said:

I’m not too sure, I think we may have lost 25% of our snow. Definitely didn’t loose as much as I thought we would. We also didn’t get a lot of rain either, not what they were calling for anyways. I think I may just take a drive. Gotta get off this couch!

I can see my lawn again here. Rain killed it here. Don’t think we will get started here this winter. Longer days and stronger sun are coming. 

Looks better than what we got here, think we just got a couple cms in the past few hours, nothing worth getting excited about. Can’t believe they nailed the previous weekend storm (we actually got a bit more than what was forecasted) and this weekend was a complete fail on their part. Thought forsure they would’ve got it right again.

It snowed in the morning in Apsley & that was it. The high on the truck dash was 2*

In Kearney today it was 3 celcius. Rained on and off through out the day and in between the rains we had wet flurries.Did not amount to anything.Lots and lots of people out riding in that crap.Trails are mush as far as i can see.They are predicting cooler temps this week but not much snow.But here hoping the weather will turn.

Left Haliburton aroun 3:30 and it was snowing. 

Was just looking at our forecast. Same crap up here. I just told my buddy not to worry about staking the rest of the trail section. Not even worth the effort this season. 

13 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Was just looking at our forecast. Same crap up here. I just told my buddy not to worry about staking the rest of the trail section. Not even worth the effort this season. 

Yup a good tease with that storm but snow doesn’t last long around here lately. If we had temps below zero and no thaws we be up to our arm pits in white gold now. 

10 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yup a good tease with that storm but snow doesn’t last long around here lately. If we had temps below zero and no thaws we be up to our arm pits in white gold now. 

Yep, and I would be out sledding right now lol.

That’s been my train of thought this entire winter. Midland and Shelburne are starting to open back up. Forecast looks great, so hopefully within another week or so we’ll be able ride close to home again. 

Edited by Baylaker

Finally some more snow. Falling straight down too. Nice big fluffy flakes. 

• Like 1