Are you getting the storm

soupkids

Just have driving from Bradford to Parry Sound  rain all the way non stop:(

Just started raining :soapbox:

Raining pretty good here @3:30 a.m.  So hard at times it kept me awake while it pounded the metal roofing on the house.. Guess with enough caffine today anything is possible :shock: :coffeenose:

Not doing much here, haven’t lost that much snow yet. Hoping it switches to snow soon. 

Big wet snow flakes here right now, no rain yet.

Not much rain in huntsville. Snow started at 8am

Edited by capster59

Haven't lost anything here in Kinmount, snowing hard now..

Trails will be soft, easy on the flipper today..

• Like 1

+2 in the Sault this morning.  A bit of fresh snow overnight.  Rain / Snow expected later today.  +2 projected for Sunday as well.

Rained all night in cambridge area,so frustrating with the trails starting to open last week.Dont know how much more of this i can take.

23 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

Rained all night in cambridge area,so frustrating with the trails starting to open last week.Dont know how much more of this i can take.

i hear ya, our groomer was out yesterday packing before the rain so hopefully once we get some more snow it wont be long to open up

Just now, Strong Farmer said:

Hopefully that is case. An ice base would be durable if it sets up that way. Good luck and let us know how trails survive! 

it was very heavy snow we were riding on so once it refreezes this week, the base will be hard forsure. then all we need is more snow. if we don't get any more thaws and only snow, I think we could have around a month of sledding over here. definitely need more snow though. will keep ya posted.

Snowing all day. 2" of packing snow so far. Chilly had settled down to 12" yesterday.

Just now.

20200125_132139-1.thumb.jpg.3aef10692350259f1aa1ce29eadc0bba.jpg

Just now, TURBO DOO said:

At least its snow, right?. 

Yep.

Four sleds have gone thru. Riding thru will be OK until the township works their magic...

They are well aware of the grumbling from sledders about the access to get gas (brought up in a discussion after the TOP E resolution was passed w/ the mayor and former carpet salesman).

You all can pretty much guess their response.

Raining/pretty mild in Stratford/Mitchell.   We were only a nice 5-10cm dump away from opening up down here and now 80% of the snow is gone.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Raining/pretty mild in Stratford/Mitchell.   We were only a nice 5-10cm dump away from opening up down here and now 80% of the snow is gone.

Yah, no kidding.  For me personally, once i loose my ability to head north, i am done with sledding.  Right now, i am only in it, because Mrs. Turbo Doo and myself enjoy the north SOOOO much.  If we ride from home, great, bonus,  if not, oh well. I am frustrated with the weather, like the rest of us are..

Rained all Saturday night in Omemee..... snow and ice slid off my metal roof. Had to "back break" shovel all that ice and wet snow. Started snowing around 7 am Sunday morning and rain/snow all day up to now 6:11pm. Lots of wet snow still on the ground.

A look on the bright side ...... we will have a good ice base if it freezes and about 8" of snow falls .