Are you getting the storm

soupkids

9CE3C0CA-6973-4C1C-807B-183A64E06F29.thumb.jpeg.57fa78cdd7bf2555b3d76633fdfbef9b.jpeg

07996818-EA25-4EA7-B195-2C9D36285121.thumb.jpeg.7192891a6246fdccbaaaa3b8bc8639bf.jpeg

007196F8-DE4C-4242-A4CB-21B350294070.thumb.jpeg.b3dcdd68896eb6d1c4afae93580a0ff6.jpeg

6BCEE0CF-6F26-4FB0-8406-6B2CD39582C8.jpeg

• Like 1

EA10EA10-55B4-41DE-A2C7-F4E91CB62871.thumb.jpeg.c25294b43b06f2f55763525178fd313b.jpeg
always good to see the old girl caked with snow!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, 02Sled said:

Semi retired... I do consulting work on an irregular schedule. I would build tomorrow if my wife would agree... suddenly when it was time to do so she decided she doesn't want to move. Says it's too far from her friends that she's known since about 5 yrs. old. Ironically one of them, her husband told me he's about 1.5 years from retirement... he says they will move to B.C. and winter in Arizona. I asked if his wife was on board with that and he says it was her idea.

Everyone is different, to each their own.  I don't think my wife could live up north all year around, even once retired, so our plan is to keep both places.

Looks like another weekend storm next Saturday 15cm 70% chance as of right now. Let’s hope they get that one right too!

Edited by Baylaker

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Everyone is different, to each their own.  I don't think my wife could live up north all year around, even once retired, so our plan is to keep both places.

We are buying a condo in big white bc.

At Big White. Google it. Nice!!!

33 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Where in bc? 

Big white is near kelowna. One of the quieter family oriented resorts. Less popular makes for lower real estate pricing and the mountain offers great skiing but not the massive vertical like say revelstoke or Whistler. For 450k you get a very nice place. 

9 hours ago, zoso said:

Big white is near kelowna. One of the quieter family oriented resorts. Less popular makes for lower real estate pricing and the mountain offers great skiing but not the massive vertical like say revelstoke or Whistler. For 450k you get a very nice place. 

Advice for millenials who can't afford a home what with the cost of skinny pants, cell phone plans and avocado toast subscriptions.....buy a place where you'd like to retire.....

deerlake.thumb.jpg.4b8bfd441d3640e91a0231c3a181943d.jpg

Trail near by and half the snow of Saint John's and the Avalon.

• Haha 1

Will see how it pans out. CHEX is forecasting for another good dumping here. 

image.png.d820536403cb24ae6dabba1186e87881.png

From what I saw in Whitney & LSP today, I don't think they need anymore snow LOL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Calling for rain here in Kitchener again. That will be end of base we have I think. Hopefully central ontario misses rain this time. 

We just got back from staking, rain started around 4pm just outside of Salem. There’s a good amount of snow out there right now (packing snow) but I’m not sure how well it’ll hold up. They’re calling for 7mm of rain in the next hour alone, then like 2mm every hour after that. Rain until morning. Unfortunately, I think we’ll be back to square one again. Hopefully the rain stays away from Barrie.

25 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

We just got back from staking, rain started around 4pm just outside of Salem. There’s a good amount of snow out there right now (packing snow) but I’m not sure how well it’ll hold up. They’re calling for 7mm of rain in the next hour alone, then like 2mm every hour after that. Rain until morning. Unfortunately, I think we’ll be back to square one again. Hopefully the rain stays away from Barrie.

Yup. Not even going to bother heading out this weekend. Heading north next week anyways. Stupid rain..:soapbox:..

3 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Yup. Not even going to bother heading out this weekend. Heading north next week anyways. Stupid rain..:soapbox:..

Where ya headed?

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 3:02 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Absolutely...everyone is different. My frustration is that she was totally on board with retiring to Port Severn right up until I said lets get a contractor to do the build and sell in Toronto.

Just saw the Barrie news... All around Georgian Bay from Owen Sound south, Barrie around Midland Penetang, up to north of Parry Sound and then east into Muskoka has a severe freezing rain warning.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Absolutely...everyone is different. My frustration is that she was totally on board with retiring to Port Severn right up until I said lets get a contractor to do the build and sell in Toronto.

Any chance she thought that you said Fort, in stead of Port?

I could see that bein' a bit of an issue....

???

I'd like to ride through there some day, but I don't know aboot moving there....

Edited by Ox

Went for a ride today with FIRE242, Barrie to Orillia to Waubaushene, to Midland and back down to Barrie.. trails were good for the most part but thin in many areas and after just seeing the radar most of the trails we were on won’t survive tonight..  

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Any chance she thought that you said Fort, in stead of Port?

I could see that bein' a bit of an issue....

???

I'd like to ride through there some day, but I don't know aboot moving there....

To me Port Severn is ideal... we'd have municipal water and sewer which is rare in cottage country. Fire and ambulance are literally minutes away. Not on a back road where we could be snowed in for days. 20 minute drive to Midland. 10 to Coldwater. 25 to Barrie or Orillia. Traffic gridlock is 4 cars waiting for the swing bridge at the lock.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Just saw the Barrie news... All around Georgian Bay from Owen Sound south, Barrie around Midland Penetang, up to north of Parry Sound and then east into Muskoka has a severe freezing rain warning.

I imagine all those involved were doing their 'happy dance'...

As of 10 PM, nothing here in Apsley.