Are you getting the storm

soupkids

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nothing yet just west of Kitchener. Only looks like 10 cm’s when I play radar. Most of bands are 1 cm an hour, if colour sceme is right. milder again later in week, which will make a good base if we don’t loose it all again. 

Hourly is showing 2cm an hour for a few hours here later this afternoon. Snow is lightly falling straight down right now. No wind yet. Also showing 0 - +1 degrees for a few hours during this storm, would be nice if it turned a little heavy so it sticks better instead of blowing away. 

• Like 1

Started snowing here around 11:30

21 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Started snowing here around 11:30

Started about 11am here. Mostly blowing accumilation, but it is picking up as it goes on. 

Started around noon here, about an inch so far.

Good luck!

We had nice dry (cold) snow dumping last night.

Woke up to several inches of slush this morning.

Plowed at the church at noon.

What a mess!

I'm near the lake in Oshawa and its been coming down pretty good since 11a.m. Windy and lots of drifting.

• Like 1

Five inches so far in Milton. Its lovely outside!

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Sorry 02, you always seem to have bad luck with winter. I thought you retired and building that great cottage, home you talked about. 

Semi retired... I do consulting work on an irregular schedule. I would build tomorrow if my wife would agree... suddenly when it was time to do so she decided she doesn't want to move. Says it's too far from her friends that she's known since about 5 yrs. old. Ironically one of them, her husband told me he's about 1.5 years from retirement... he says they will move to B.C. and winter in Arizona. I asked if his wife was on board with that and he says it was her idea.

10 minutes ago, Motorhead said:

Hoping Bracebridge is getting some. Itching to get to the Irishman cabin 

Snowing hard in Bracebridge now , about 5-6 inches of new snow today, some sno-bomber trails turned yellow this morning and they will be working D north of Falkenburg road after the snow fall according Facebook 

Edited by Muskoka Bill
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Semi retired... I do consulting work on an irregular schedule. I would build tomorrow if my wife would agree... suddenly when it was time to do so she decided she doesn't want to move. Says it's too far from her friends that she's known since about 5 yrs. old. Ironically one of them, her husband told me he's about 1.5 years from retirement... he says they will move to B.C. and winter in Arizona. I asked if his wife was on board with that and he says it was her idea.

Your wife needs to talk to Skeeters other half,she was iffy in the beginning and now doesn't want to go to Orrila  or Midland. Too busy.Put your foot down man and get rid of planes flying over your head 24/7.Friends can always visit.

15 or 16 inches on the snow stick. Still snowing at 1 AM.

That was fun! At least 10-12” of snow! 2’ drifts in some places. Little tractor got a workout tonight. I see singhampton just opened, I’m almost positive they’re will be lots of close to home riding to be had, but we still need more! Awesome storm! 

6 hours ago, Baylaker said:

That was fun! At least 10-12” of snow! 2’ drifts in some places. Little tractor got a workout tonight. I see singhampton just opened, I’m almost positive they’re will be lots of close to home riding to be had, but we still need more! Awesome storm! 

I say we recieved about 6” of snow. More in squalls today it looks like. Snowing steady now. You using a gas or a diesel tractor? 

16 hours ago, Motorhead said:

Hoping Bracebridge is getting some. Itching to get to the Irishman cabin 

I'd say 9-10" here on L. Muskoka 5 mi. W. of B.B.!

Same in the Sault, approximately 20 cm yesterday.

A good dumping here.

20200119_102313-1.jpg.7d5a5e01b8d409bb5bb20db09749797a.jpg

Chilly was showing 8 or 9 inches of snow before the storm.

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I say we recieved about 6” of snow. More in squalls today it looks like. Snowing steady now. You using a gas or a diesel tractor? 

I’m using a diesel B2650 with cab. Thinking about a 6060 for next year lol. I went back out at 5:30am to do some driveway checks and to cleanup and there was at least another 3-4”. Side streets were not plowed yet and the VW Jetta almost got stuck multiple times. I was plowing snow with it lol, wipers on high and still couldn’t see. It was unreal! We easily got a foot, maybe more in some areas. Haven’t seen this much in fergus in a while. It just didn’t want to stop. I’ll post a few pictures shortly.