Are you getting the storm

soupkids

3 hours ago, snapper said:

We had a huge downfall of 1/4” last night just west of Ayr.

About the same in Lindsay 

it's depressing.. I'm starting to think of going towards the Darkside and look at a 144" Mountain Sled and can for next year :blink:

At least I wouldn't be chomping at the bit waiting for trails to go green :banghead:

Edited by MXZSlider

20200116_111514-1.jpg.f6c4f3074d85760a2f86c7d0400f20de.jpg

Another couple of inches overnight. Most we've had on the stick this winter.

Maple Leaf has some green and yellow trails. Paudash is very close to having trails updated on the ITG.

• Like 1

Snowing like crazy in Fergus right now. We’ll get 10cm by 3-4pm if it keeps going and according to the radar there’s a nice looking squall that’s going to continue to go right over us. 

saturdays storm has been upgraded to 15-20cm with a slight chance of rain at the end. 

22 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

saturdays storm has been upgraded to 15-20cm with a slight chance of rain at the end. 

At least if its warm,  better chance the stuff wont blow around, and could create a base.

3 minutes ago, Dave K said:

At least if its warm,  better chance the stuff wont blow around, and could create a base.

I agree, a little bit of rain at the end will only make it better. It shows +1 for a couple hours, worst case would be rain, most likely wet snow. I’m hoping this will be the start of possibly having some southern trails open this year. Forecast is looking pretty chilly as well. 

4 hours ago, manotickmike said:

5-10.

About 1/2 what was forecast.

Like usual.

I,m about 2 kms from the St. Lawrence River near Prescott.  Just got in from blowing snow and cleaning up the sidewalks. We got all of 15-20 cms. Nice wet packy stuff. Hopefully we get at least that much or more again this week-end. 

52 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Snowing like crazy in Fergus right now. We’ll get 10cm by 3-4pm if it keeps going and according to the radar there’s a nice looking squall that’s going to continue to go right over us. 

Must be squalls, I wonder how far north it extends. Zero just west of kitchener today. Nice sunny morning. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Must be squalls, I wonder how far north it extends. Zero just west of kitchener today. Nice sunny morning. 

We're getting squalls in wasaga. 

• Like 1

Calling for 15-25 Saturday

• Like 1

Some snow here this afternoon as well.

• Like 1

I'm in Kansas city and they are calling for a winter storm for tomorrow with snow starting at 2 am.  The news suggested it could be close to a foot with freezing rain in the afternoon 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm in Kansas city and they are calling for a winter storm for tomorrow with snow starting at 2 am.  The news suggested it could be close to a foot with freezing rain in the afternoon 

Did you bring the sled? 

Posted in Club East. I see D101B north of Oxtongue has gone green. Trail is yellow to Sand Lake.

Let’s hope this storm coming in tomorrow is what they say it will be. Would be nice to get some groomers moving close to home. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Let’s hope this storm coming in tomorrow is what they say it will be. Would be nice to get some groomers moving close to home. 

Oh yeah I am pumped. Have bucket on telehandler and 72” snow blower on tractor. Let it snow this time. (Just check down graded to 15 cm’s already) wait and see! 

Looks like central Ontario forecast to get 25 cms. Seeing what I was riding on yesterday, even half of that would be great. We have a good base here. Just the water hazards that the groomers need to fill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Oh yeah I am pumped. Have bucket on telehandler and 72” snow blower on tractor. Let it snow this time. (Just check down graded to 15 cm’s already) wait and see! 

Yeah finally some decent snow worth pushing. 6’ blade on the front, 64” blower on the back of our new tractor. We’re still on par for 20-25cm, southern Ontario is about to get bombed with snow. Radar is lookin mint! Only thing that worries me is the wind. 50-60km/hr, just hoping it’s not that bad.

Edited by Baylaker

4 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Yeah finally some decent snow worth pushing. 6’ blade on the front, 64” blower on the back of our new tractor. We’re still on par for 20-25cm, southern Ontario is about to get bombed with snow. Radar is lookin mint! Only thing that worries me is the wind. 50-60km/hr, just hoping it’s not that bad.

Nothing yet just west of Kitchener. Only looks like 10 cm’s when I play radar. Most of bands are 1 cm an hour, if colour sceme is right. milder again later in week, which will make a good base if we don’t loose it all again. 

• Like 1

Hate to say it but I'm hoping the snow doesn't happen just this once.  I'm stranded in Kansas City.  Friday flight was canceled due to freezing rain storm here yesterday.  Winds are wicked this morning.  Now there's the chance today's flight home may be canceled due to snow in Toronto, or the high winds here.  I may get home in time for a flight to Montreal on Monday 

well its Sat morning, storm not here yet, light dusting on cars, local weather said snow will arrive between 10am and 4 pm

fingers crossed !!

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Hate to say it but I'm hoping the snow doesn't happen just this once.  I'm stranded in Kansas City.  Friday flight was canceled due to freezing rain storm here yesterday.  Winds are wicked this morning.  Now there's the chance today's flight home may be canceled due to snow in Toronto, or the high winds here.  I may get home in time for a flight to Montreal on Monday 

Sorry 02, you always seem to have bad luck with winter. I thought you retired and building that great cottage, home you talked about.