Are you getting the storm

soupkids

This weather is brutal! I have heard that saying before...and the ditches are definitely full!

9 hours ago, Dave K said:

An old tale is that snow wont stick to the ground till the ditches are full.  I think they are full today.  2nd pic is my field where the ditch overflows.  The ditch is probably 20 feet deep, and 20 feet wide at the fence line.

Is that the moat that starts in north Ellice and south Mornington and heads west through Elma and on to the Maitland ?  You could loose a combine in there and never see it.

I hate to be "Negative Nelly" but I predict another year in SW Ontario where the trails do not get opened up for anymore than a week or 2.  

5 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Is that the moat that starts in north Ellice and south Mornington and heads west through Elma and on to the Maitland ?  You could loose a combine in there and never see it.

Yup that its it.

About 4-5" of snow after midnight in Port Sydney. On top of an inch or so of ice pellets. Looked pretty dismal yesterday morning and now its back to normal! Nice little snack for the HS928 to eat this morning, love that blower. 

AF6DE782-3735-4E28-99FB-371B7B517AF6.jpeg

3A3FAB00-29E3-4BEE-9036-80EF34332267.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scottyr said:

I hate to be "Negative Nelly" but I predict another year in SW Ontario where the trails do not get opened up for anymore than a week or 2.  

The way the last number of years have gone , a week or two would be more than usual...I think in our area (New Hamburg) we have been open maybe 3 days in last few years....

Yep.nice drop of really fine snow on top of ice pellets. Lake Vernon. Should be good snow to20200112_081937.thumb.jpg.fa27f722eda5260465ca1ab7a3bd8bff.jpg20200112_081937.thumb.jpg.fa27f722eda5260465ca1ab7a3bd8bff.jpg  

20200112_082023.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty much over here in sudbury

20 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Pretty much over here in sudbury

How much did Sudbury get? Weather Network forecsted 10-20cm with 25cm in some places. I'm going to gues 1/4 of that

Our sleds are for sale as of right now. We’re keeping all our gear for when we get back into sledding when we either have a cottage or permanent residence up north. For now, it’s just not worth it to us. Hoping things turn around quick for the remainder of the season so we could maybe get a few rides in, but it’s just not looking very promising. I still think @Strong Farmer needs to sacrifice his other sled! :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Our sleds are for sale as of right now. We’re keeping all our gear for when we get back into sledding when we either have a cottage or permanent residence up north. For now, it’s just not worth it to us. Hoping things turn around quick for the remainder of the season so we could maybe get a few rides in, but it’s just not looking very promising. I still think @Strong Farmer needs to sacrifice his other sled! :ph34r:

Or at the very least one of his 4 legged chickens!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

No ice in Apsley, went from rain to ice pellets/snow around 7 PM. Apparently no ice up near Highland Grove, so hopefully the brush isn't leaning all over the trails.

Back to 5" on the snow stick. It was down to 2" during the thaw.

East Gravenhurst, 2" ice pellet build up over night, very light snow dusting around 4:30pm today.

8 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

How much did Sudbury get? Weather Network forecsted 10-20cm with 25cm in some places. I'm going to gues 1/4 of that

Hard to tell exactly, wind blew it around a lot.

I'd say 10 for sure.

I went for a RIP today and in places there where huge drifts.

Got lucky here in Kearney.We had rain late friday night till early saturday morning.About 11am saturday morning the temp went negative. By noon we were getting really fine snow for the remainder of the day. Got up sunday morning and it was minus 15 celcius.Approx 4 inches of fresh snow. I think we got off pretty lucky. Looks like the Almaguin groomer might have been on the move to clear trails today.... 

• Like 2

Weather liar on Global said that Pembroke got 30 cms of snow. Can anyone confirm this?

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Weather liar on Global said that Pembroke got 30 cms of snow. Can anyone confirm this?

10" reported by Timberline S/C in Pembroke. They are out packing.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

10" reported by Timberline S/C in Pembroke. They are out packing.

I texted someone up in Petawawa too.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 9:20 AM, TURBO DOO said:

Pouring rain here near Ayr. Yup, very discouraging looking outside.  If the weather continues for another year or so like is, im tempted to get out of the sport. Quickly loosing interest...:banghead:

I know how you feel, I sure hope we don’t have to seriously consider pulling the plug on this great sport, maybe move to the mountains ? Lol

On 1/11/2020 at 11:41 AM, RAMSOMAIR said:

My problem is that many others in my group have either given up or have other commitments so I have nobody to ride with.

X2