Are you getting the storm

soupkids

Ice pellets and snow now here in port Sydney 

11 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

Sorry to hear that YF.  We rode with you in 2016 (I think it was) it was a pleasure to meet you.  But you must do whatever works for you.

Hey 02Sled we are with you.  We both plan on riding as long as we are physically able.  Anytime you are looking for someone to ride with in your area don't be afraid to pm me.

Hi extreme600 .... yes it was 2016 that I met you and your husband. I also met most of OCers whilst riding and what a great bunch of people. Lots of memories and good conversations .... oh man, that's the hard part of leaving this sport behind. I'll still be riding local non-ofsc trails and Pigeon Lake and on the days I purchase a day pass I'll still get to meet some of the people on the forum. As it is.... I still have the 2020 Pass and if we get snow that sticks around .... I'll be riding in Feb and March.

I do have an ATV that I'll still be riding trails with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Ice pellets and snow now here in port Sydney 

Now you're talking!!! 

Pretty soon at a gas station near you.   LOL

Woot woot

IMG_2096.JPG

wqEdzRPcuuoyzzG16N39NaiLxoLJKL055HKuScqlWr02u-kwHjR_aNlC2QoNFNo8rvjL5U2OJIn2Dp1Su19tnxBUVHUmFhCvZo0bh4NlMlB_x8KYjNCl9Jvf11RVVwfK9nRmy51DhwWic-VIv7r3M354F5R0dVSSR4-tHaH5Sfb0BRQ2VF7i0fgUvNnxPQcvz6gl5rq8ImWnIoaTpzn_8myZ7YEktaotQX_xeBCLkBUhwPXP1yZ6_YAgT2mS6SHzq0riyuyD2PvrmhWyVe1NRyy9OP-20PeypkcNCvU8s6ys4FfUH2Ec2pAkVGGABrl9T6EyaaDZ8V1gpf_ofNPCgDyS9R76X2tCV7zZ6HJbgJQ_r4Vd1Tb032LozlvbSpotasUVk6AqvWr89tVjg31UiwvLeiaveQLRsEkMAVgoHvTmNM0H4Q7MGA5oyFw_znik52k2iqUunmY2pHR9iEH6PDeia0eP_hWC9ktET156WOw1kywl4FG2yZLa9OwYWM0lFZG3hpce1meBUYCg3UqGxLjw6rAaHLxVLFnwP_VHR3GTRmU123EoTnoxk5Y8PtM9g4WW9qmujAxJI-FxS8BVFMy1_Sr7Z2yzpsOpKRyQQGqI--ZoD2jsRkE6H5I_kPvimyexcnihuhWfSq6garGis6yagHK88V87YufiPhQqhhp2AGNEZ7P0YR3I=w834-h625-no

iN7oysccLrG14F7c_k84h3HsYCQja6rQ7yNRPshBqefgGDRK6gqlr_cP8qQi09oL7jMDPfqtqNFTgdnAdRsa8U2DjH2xGJ0Js-zTBcULyAVvc3k6SwVB5FTrpytFualT9Stq6cUnQJ1h_rOIhqquBlZyzCnwOKDoMY6Mosri91dFoUnKkL_3P9hUo7d_ZVgZHUaLok7Kv8pG3l4Gy94ZGp8uqWTWbVaWoNNR0Li1Ffk5yrlufMYuTMNZ4b68mcXE9tdKM6HHWNjGq0XjEbkezAXjmW4Jh5kXQB3CAJrvzbGfY5hQb4aU77NbsdaRxPZBRAJlokhttlNy_kaZdeFAFRcCqXCxsgKivjLhtX4zI1JYCRKIIz60u6e54Wy1tYLTTk3IS2KVeGVsm7YAQY_6uvROcNGjLxjkwYyCZbLYE-QKjq5Hk-kgF1vM794fFNll89ECXoXOzKQQsVQuc43812yFEn-DZW3hMSI2gg-MH2kLrTa0Aa3J2AJrHyrr5iK4u46CPXxPh2imrWUfrwaerMGsANcjoerYqxFSFR1c0Tv7qGFtudmQlK8ma-UWFTij-CDgbKFp7IMZ0wrDaJgUOGkOY9XmeOtlw6IOuWVa-6r1hiqISEZqn5JHb_8Ww_E96qcOu6joE7LZ6dj2S3kPMKeAuwhWrMV8f7BoBcCVrwbm1WIuCYIW_Fqy=w834-h625-no

An old tale is that snow wont stick to the ground till the ditches are full.  I think they are full today.  2nd pic is my field where the ditch overflows.  The ditch is probably 20 feet deep, and 20 feet wide at the fence line.

• Like 2

Better Jan than May!

• Like 1

If you can, take the financial aspect out of the sport and just enjoy when you are able based on the conditions, etc....

Thinking of the money and the lack of use that could come with it, just makes it harder to swallow.

But once you are back in the saddle, the other thoughts quickly slip away!

:cheers: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, stoney said:

If you can, take the financial aspect out of the sport and just enjoy when you are able based on the conditions, etc....

Thinking of the money and the lack of use that could come with it, just makes it harder to swallow.

But once you are back in the saddle, the other thoughts quickly slip away!

:cheers: 

Right on!

Rain is starting to freeze on the trees now here in Bracebridge, going to be nasty later

Been snowing here all day.. conditions are great..

D695215A-E85A-4C8E-8485-B703CD0CAF23.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My problem is that many others in my group have either given up or have other commitments so I have nobody to ride with.

I hear you.   I'm the last Man standing from our 1990's, early 2000's group. 

On another note, Sault Ste. Marie missed the storm.  It went South of us.  We may get a dusting tonight.

Edited by Dan-Senior
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

val d'or?

Yes sir..

• Like 1

came home from Cochrane today. Was snowing hard all the way to around Dwight, then it turned to rain. Rained hard the rest of the way down to Newcastle.

Had a great week in Cochrane, trails are once again AWESOME!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fabio said:

Been snowing here all day.. conditions are great..

D695215A-E85A-4C8E-8485-B703CD0CAF23.jpeg

Looking great here too!

02AB3F80-5721-4646-A862-435FEF184C05.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Hows the 850 treating you?.

Love it! But we’ll have to see what 2021 brings. 

1 hour ago, Fabio said:

Yes sir..

Place looks empty. Last time we were there, it was packed & absolutely freezing.....many a sled were not starting that morning. 

16 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Hotel Forestel.  Were there soon also..:right_on:..

Enjoy !!

Switched from rain to ice pellets here in the past hour (between 7 & 8).

1 hour ago, barberch said:

came home from Cochrane today. Was snowing hard all the way to around Dwight, then it turned to rain. Rained hard the rest of the way down to Newcastle.

Had a great week in Cochrane, trails are once again AWESOME!

Talking to irREVerent this afternoon & the precip' switched much earlier up in the Huntsville area.

39 minutes ago, stoney said:

Place looks empty. Last time we were there, it was packed & absolutely freezing.....many a sled were not starting that morning. 

Enjoy !!

Yes not many sledders stayed there Friday night, haven’t seen many sleds on the trails either.. Me and Fire242 are enjoying the groomed trails :D..