Are you getting the storm

soupkids

Snow good here, started about 4 am, no rain.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Snow good here, started about 4 am, no rain.

Raining here outside of Ayr, snow completely gone current temperature +11C.  Was going to head to the cottage but changed mind after checking weather up there. 

+12 in London and pouring

+4 in Pakenham, raining and windy. Should switch over to snow as soon as the last of the snow on the ground has melted, as per our usual January thaw.

Hopefully the last of this crap for this season. 

• Thanks 1

Listening to rain coming down hard outside ,could this winter get any worse.Plus 12

Raining in port Sydney on my nice snow I have .going to be messy 

4 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Raining in port Sydney on my nice snow I have .going to be messy 

We should switch over to snow soon. Watching the freezing line on the radar drift south slowly. Even ice pellets would be better than rain/freezing rain! 

19 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Pouring rain here near Ayr. Yup, very discouraging looking outside.  If the weather continues for another year or so like is, im tempted to get out of the sport. Quickly loosing interest...:banghead:

A Quebec loop with Frank next weekend will snap you out of your funk Jeff!

• Like 2

Toronto was supposed to wake up to heavy rain that would start overnight. Near the airport at 8:00 there were bits of sun shining through here and there. 9:30 no rain yet but much more cloudy and F3F / 12 C. You get some good years, some not so good years and some bad years... not sure what this will end up as.

41 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Toronto was supposed to wake up to heavy rain that would start overnight. Near the airport at 8:00 there were bits of sun shining through here and there. 9:30 no rain yet but much more cloudy and F3F / 12 C. You get some good years, some not so good years and some bad years... not sure what this will end up as.

I doubt that'll last.

I'm upwind of you and it's all wet here.

Calling for 2-4" (rain) in NW Ohio.

As long as it doesn't reach The Soo, I'm good...

Edited by Ox

Sault and Echo Bay were just informed the snow storm will miss us and stay east of us. So Blind River Elliot Lake Sudbury etc will get instead. Although North of Sault is Forecasted to get lake effect snow somewhat. 

Edited by Panther340

+11c and raining hard in Stratford.   I guarantee that the restoration guys will be busy this weekend with flooded basements.   

+3 & temp. dropping on L. Muskoka-looks like more ice pellets than freezing rain coming here!

30 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Rain coming down pretty good in Scarberia.

still dry just south of Pearson airport

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Pouring rain here near Ayr. Yup, very discouraging looking outside.  If the weather continues for another year or so like is, im tempted to get out of the sport. Quickly loosing interest...:banghead:

I'm in the same boat.  Contemplated many times over.   The amount invested is insane for the use.

I've thought about just selling everything and getting a utility sled for putting around and fishing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

I'm in the same boat.  Contemplated many times over.   The amount invested is insane for the use.

I've thought about just selling everything and getting a utility sled for putting around and fishing.

I'm selling my wife's sled since she says she is done... reluctant to do so but what do you do. I'm not ready to give up mine though as long as I get out a couple of times and still have people to ride with. I expect I'll be riding as long as I'm physically able or until I run out of people to ride with

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gobills said:

I think I'm done also ...... not buying trail passes anymore. Will keep my snowmobile and ride around my area and when the Lake is frozen, I can ride to Buckhorn, Bobcaygeon etc. It's good enough to satisfy my itch. If there is a winter with lots of snow .... I'll buy day passes.

I've been to most places in Ontario and Quebec snowmobiling and don't have a group that I ride with constantly as I did in the past .... so it's too expensive to trailer up to Cochrane for a day or two.

10 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

I think I'm done also ...... not buying trail passes anymore. Will keep my snowmobile and ride around my area and when the Lake is frozen, I can ride to Buckhorn, Bobcaygeon etc. It's good enough to satisfy my itch. If there is a winter with lots of snow .... I'll buy day passes.

I've been to most places in Ontario and Quebec snowmobiling and don't have a group that I ride with constantly as I did in the past .... so it's too expensive to trailer up to Cochrane for a day or two.

Sorry to hear that YF.  We rode with you in 2016 (I think it was) it was a pleasure to meet you.  But you must do whatever works for you.

12 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm selling my wife's sled since she says she is done... reluctant to do so but what do you do. I'm not ready to give up mine though as long as I get out a couple of times and still have people to ride with. I expect I'll be riding as long as I'm physically able or until I run out of people to ride with

Hey 02Sled we are with you.  We both plan on riding as long as we are physically able.  Anytime you are looking for someone to ride with in your area don't be afraid to pm me.

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Come on MAN!!!  No way you are giving up this sport.  You love it too much. I've read many of your posts.  Tempted maybe, quit NOT LIKELY.  We just got back last night from Timmins.  Great snow in Timmins, Cochrane, Iroquois Falls, Matheson, Kirkland Lake, New Liskeard and by the looks of this weekend hopefully North Bay and Bonfield will be calling us!!!  Next couple of weeks we are praying for Port Sydney and Huntsville!!!  I bet we will meet up with you somewhere, some time in Ontario on the sleds!!

• Like 1

It's a battle i'm having with myself thats for sure.  I have my son who will be ready next year once he does the course which might change my tune.  Im just having a hard time justifying it to myself the amount they sit there.  This is a bit of a different year as i needed to do some major work on the trailer which has added to the cost for the year.  im at 3800 trailer repairs and sled repairs and insurance plus trail passes and i wont be on snow until FEB.  Its a tough pill this year.  

• Like 1