Elk Lake / Gowganda Trails

Gowganda Lake Camp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the update. Do you know the condition of the 'C' trail between Shining Tree and Timmins? Is L143 open this year?

Last I heard ( 4-5 days ago) the C trail was in good condition. The L143 is not open this year due to logging near timmins.

We just did a quick trip up to Matachewan and back .. Perfect day to ride. Nice and sunny and perfect temps.

Groomed the A107C last night from Gowganda to C trail near Shining tree. The trail is in Super shape. Best it has been all year. Will be grooming the L136 in the next day or so.

Ron

I can attest to that, the trails are probably in the best shape they can possibly be in! Anybody looking for some late season riding should head to Gowganda, the trails are in great shape! :P

You have lots of places to ride from here!

:twisted:

March 28 trail update

Trails are still in really nice shape.

Groomed C106A wed night.

Groomed the south end of the L136 between Gowganda & matachewan and the A107C from Gowganda to Stumpy lake last night.

Probably heading to Elk Lake to Groom the A trail this evening.

The sun has taken care of the road crossings ... Usually snow packed but now just pavement.

Ron

Groomed A107C from Gowganda to C trail near Shining Tree Last night. Trail is in good shape.

"A" trail near elk Lake was groomed yesterday also.

Anyone riding this weekend take extra caution. With the warm days there is water running under the snow which can cause sink holes in the snow at any time. These areas are signed with slow signs.

Road sections are not doing too well.

Ron

You're breaking my heart, if the sled was repaired I'd be up to finish the trip :)

Did you find the cause yet???

Trails are hard as rock in the mornings and soft and slippery by mid afternoon.

Ron

How do you expect them to hold up this weekend? A few of us will be riding from Kirkland Lake on Saturday and probably head up towards Cochrane.

How do you expect them to hold up this weekend? A few of us will be riding from Kirkland Lake on Saturday and probably head up towards Cochrane.

Sorry for the late response.... You are probably there already

The trails should hold up fine for the weekend. They will be thin near towns but overall should be good if they are anything like the ones around here, and I am sure most of the conditions are the same Up to cochrane etc.

Have a good time sleddin

Ron

Where is everybody?? The trails are mint!!! :whatever:

Naww... Trails are officially closed here too. It was a good long season with lots of snow so everyone should have got at least one good ride in. It was nice to meet a few more Ontario conditioner's this year and hopefully a few more next winter. Nothin left to do now but pick up trail signs and lake stakes ..whoo whoo!!

Everyone have a great Summer and see ya next fall.... :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Ron

ps.. If you're into fishing or hunting check out the Gowganda area ... It's pretty awesome!

Thanks Ron !

Thanks for all the regular reports you did on the trail conditions in your area - it's admirable, the amount of time you are putting into your club and we appreciate the time you also take to keep us up to date on your trails.

Hope you have a good summer season too and your business thrives. Look forward to seeing you on the snow one day !

Archived