Elk Lake / Gowganda Trails

Gowganda Lake Camp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's A107C from Gowganda to TOP C (south of Shining Tree)?

Very Good.... We had one spot of moving water across the trail that was being tough because of the warmups. Filled with a little more greenerie last night and pulled a ton of snow over. Today so far all sledders said it is set up and no more water.

Looks like I may have to groom again after tomorrow with the snow that is coming down right now.

Ron

All area trails in great shape and freshly groomed. I will probably groom the A107C to C trail near shining tree again tonight or Friday night depending on the amount of snow we get today. :wavey:

A trail : Excellent (groomed tuesday night)

C106A : Excellent ( groomed wed night)

L136 : Good - Excellent ( Groomed Wed Night)

A107c : elk Lake gowganda / gowganda to C trail : Excellent ( will be groomed tonight or Friday night)

Ron

All area trails in great shape and freshly groomed. I will probably groom the A107C to C trail near shining tree again tonight or Friday night depending on the amount of snow we get today. :wavey:

A trail : Excellent (groomed tuesday night)

C106A : Excellent ( groomed wed night)

L136 : Good - Excellent ( Groomed Wed Night)

A107c : elk Lake gowganda / gowganda to C trail : Excellent ( will be groomed tonight or Friday night)

Ron

Thanks for the update, Ron, much appreciated...any idea how C is over toward Gogama and onward to Timmins?

My information is two days old , but we had 2 couples here that came from timmins down the C and they said all of the trails were really good.

Ron

Great News !!

btw, there is a "lookout" of sorts off the west side of the C trail. I "think" it is just north of TataChikaPika but maybe it is just south. I recall that the trail to the look out used to get groomed from time to time and it was not very far off the main trail but a steep incline once one made the corner.

Do you know where it is? Is it named? Will I ever find it again if I go that way?

... there is a "lookout" of sorts off the west side of the C trail. I "think" it is just north of TataChikaPika but maybe it is just south. I recall that the trail to the look out used to get groomed from time to time and it was not very far off the main trail but a steep incline once one made the corner.

Do you know where it is? Is it named? Will I ever find it again if I go that way?

Yes it is South of the lodge Gota Taka Peea.

... Will I ever find it again if I go that way?

Can't miss it if your not leading. :poke:

... there is a "lookout" of sorts off the west side of the C trail. I "think" it is just north of TataChikaPika but maybe it is just south. I recall that the trail to the look out used to get groomed from time to time and it was not very far off the main trail but a steep incline once one made the corner.

Yes it is South of the lodge Gota Taka Peea.

Go-Ta-Taka-Hika ! :P :P

:rotflmao::coffeespit::rotflmao:

Hey, STG...apparently Reved has ridden with you and had the "ISLAGIATT" experience as well... :poke: :P

Hey, STG...apparently Reved has ridden with you and had the "ISLAGIATT" experience as well... :poke: :P

He only wishes - just jealous he's not part of the tight-knit ISLAGIATT team. :P :P :P

(do you think we should get T-shirts for next year?)

He only wishes - just jealous he's not part of the tight-knit ISLAGIATT team. :P :P :P

OK Someone has to explain :crazy:

ps.. STG just look for the sheep tracks.. ewe

We'll explain, we'll explain. But first, where is this lookout of which we are speaking. Just North or Just South of TCP ?

If you can let us know, we'll explain the code above AND (perhaps) offer you something to keep you company on the long cold lonely nights in the groomer !!

inflatable%20sheep.jpg

We rode thru from Shining Tree area to New Liskeard on Friday & Saturday, A107C was in good shape. (Check my plowed road thread).

We'll explain, we'll explain. But first, where is this lookout of which we are speaking. Just North or Just South of TCP ?

If you can let us know, we'll explain the code above AND (perhaps) offer you something to keep you company on the long cold lonely nights in the groomer !!

This oughta be good...I can hardly wait for this "explanation"... :lol:

I guess I better find that look out.....

I was stranded for my first time Sat 3:30 am with the groomer.. The rear left rim broke about 2 hours away on my way back home. The tractor is still sitting on the trail awaiting parts. Hope it comes in soon with all the snow flying around outside.. At least all but the return trip small section had already been groomed. glad the Sat phone decided to connect after about 5 tries...

Ok now i have to find a lookout..... :lol:

I was stranded for my first time Sat 3:30 am with the groomer.. The rear left rim broke about 2 hours away on my way back home. The tractor is still sitting on the trail awaiting parts. Hope it comes in soon with all the snow flying around outside.. At least all but the return trip small section had already been groomed. glad the Sat phone decided to connect after about 5 tries...

Hey, Ron -- sorry to hear about the mishap. Hope you're able to get it up and running again soon.

We're also interested in where the lookout STG asked about is located, as we'll be at Tata-Chika-Pika next Saturday night. Any information much appreciated, thanks.

Hey, Ron -- sorry to hear about the mishap. Hope you're able to get it up and running again soon.

We're also interested in where the lookout STG asked about is located, as we'll be at Tata-Chika-Pika next Saturday night. Any information much appreciated, thanks.

Will do my best

Stop in and say hi on friday if you have time...

How long do you think your groomer will be down?Heading your way on Friday.

OUCH ! Sorry to hear about the groomer situation. Stranded at 3:30 has to be a bit disconcerting.

Glad to hear you are safe !

How long do you think your groomer will be down?Heading your way on Friday.

Don't worry... The guys from shining tree are going to help us out on this end and groom the A107C from shining tree to Gowganda. Our other tractor can handle the rest for now. Doesn't look like the parts will be in for the tractor I use until thursday .. I split the track and took off the old rim and tire today so as soon as we get the new rim it's just the matter of putting it back together. :|

All trails should be in really nice shape before the weekend. We have lots of snow now to play with.

... The tractor I use is still out of commission ( rim supposed to be in tomorrow) ..

All trails are groomed with the exception of a few small sections.

A107C East and West of Gowganda - Groomed and good condition

A trail groomed and good condition

L136 groomed both ends and in good condition

C106A groomed and in good condition

We have lots of snow and trails are in great shape

there are a few km's of connectors that are flat with snow on them waiting for the rim to come in tomorrow to be groomed.

Both plowed sections of A107C east and west of gowganda have lots of snow on them ... Just take it easy and watch for other vehicles

Ron

The rim finally came in. Picked up tire Late friday and with the help of my neighbor and a few guys up from the south sleddin we got everything back together sat.

Groomed A107C between Gowganda and Stumpy lake last night and a connector trail to get to the L136 from Gowganda avoiding road riding ( The sun has pretty much wiped out the ice pack on the road).

Now with two tractors going we can get back to normal ... :woot:

Ron

It's about 18 K south of Tata-Chika-Pika . It worth the stop. About 2-3 K off C. If you are coming from the north stop at Tata-Chika-Pika and ask he can give you the exact milage. We were just there last Thursday. Great trails except for about 20K section north of Tata-Chika-Pika. Unable to get the grommer up the hill.

The rim finally came in. Picked up tire Late friday and with the help of my neighbor and a few guys up from the south sleddin we got everything back together sat.

Groomed A107C between Gowganda and Stumpy lake last night and a connector trail to get to the L136 from Gowganda avoiding road riding ( The sun has pretty much wiped out the ice pack on the road).

Ron

Hey, Ron -- we got to Gowganda from Liskeard (via Matachewan) Friday late afternoon, and as promised, I stopped in to see you...unfortunately, you had left an hour earlier to go pick up the parts you needed, so I missed you, but I did have a nice chat with Giselle, and she took my pic, just to prove I had actually been there.

When we headed west from Auld Reekie for Shining Tree and Gogama Saturday morning, we expected to see you on the trail doing your repairs to the groomer, but no one was around when we went by around 9:45...guess you hadn't gotten there yet.

Nice grooming job on the local trails, Ron...L136 was one of the nicest trail sections we rode on our entire 6-day trip in the north (except for the tight, rough ungroomed 2 km section in the middle). A107C was also excellent...thanks for all your efforts. We'll defintely see you next time we come up that way.

irREVerent

Ron

Hey, Ron -- we got to Gowganda from Liskeard (via Matachewan) Friday late afternoon, and as promised, I stopped in to see you...unfortunately, you had left an hour earlier to go pick up the parts you needed, so I missed you, but I did have a nice chat with Giselle, and she took my pic, just to prove I had actually been there.

When we headed west from Auld Reekie for Shining Tree and Gogama Saturday morning, we expected to see you on the trail doing your repairs to the groomer, but no one was around when we went by around 9:45...guess you hadn't gotten there yet.

Nice grooming job on the local trails, Ron...L136 was one of the nicest trail sections we rode on our entire 6-day trip in the north (except for the tight, rough ungroomed 2 km section in the middle). A107C was also excellent...thanks for all your efforts. We'll defintely see you next time we come up that way.

irREVerent

I probably just missed you on the saturday by about 20 minutes or so . I think we got out there just after 10 am . Happy to hear you guys had a good ride. We have some plans in the works to hopefully be able to fix the center section of the 136 for next season. With the extra snow I was able to groom in a little further last night .

Thanks for stopping

See ya next time

Ron

Archived