About time I bought a sled.

moll672

On 1/29/2020 at 5:37 PM, Muskoka1 said:

Where do U buy it?

Try this  http://www.1888fogzero.com/ or just Google it like I did

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 8:26 AM, moll672 said:

Made first trip into cottage at the weekend. Neighbour had been out weekend before and confirmed ice was safe. Lots of tracks out there including a truck. Snow was slushy with the warmer temps but sled had no problems. Ice was 12" in front of cottage. Trail was not officially open and only 6-8" of snow. Forecast predicts lots of cold this week so should be good by next weekend. What should I expect from a tank of gas? Realise that is a hard question because of condition variables but a ballpark would at least be a start for me. Other problem we are having is visors fogging up. Any suggestions to deal with this would be welcome. Thanks and stay safe.

Your helmets should have come with breath deflectors to address fogging. The alternative is a heated visor to replace the ones you have that plug into the sled and there is a spray you can get that helps

• 11 months later...

Well made it thru 1st winter of sledding. Was no fan of winter previous years but now we are looking forward to it. No major surprises or hitches last season. 1st trip was a little nervy not knowing what to expect. Felt a lot better after drilling a hole and finding 15" of ice. Planning a lot more visits this year and buying a trail pass for local area if we get enough snow here. Bought each other FXR FAST floatation snowmobile suits for Xmas, so now we almost look like we know what we are doing!! Had the sled up to 63mph at one point and thought my wife was tapping me on the back to go faster. NOOOO just the opposite!!  For anyone in Sudbury South area, how is the ice doing there? No -30 degree nights yet but no doubt they are on the way. Having a hook up for visor heaters installed next week and hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Hope to see you on the trails.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, moll672 said:

Well made it thru 1st winter of sledding. Was no fan of winter previous years but now we are looking forward to it. No major surprises or hitches last season. 1st trip was a little nervy not knowing what to expect. Felt a lot better after drilling a hole and finding 15" of ice. Planning a lot more visits this year and buying a trail pass for local area if we get enough snow here. Bought each other FXR FAST floatation snowmobile suits for Xmas, so now we almost look like we know what we are doing!! Had the sled up to 63mph at one point and thought my wife was tapping me on the back to go faster. NOOOO just the opposite!!  For anyone in Sudbury South area, how is the ice doing there? No -30 degree nights yet but no doubt they are on the way. Having a hook up for visor heaters installed next week and hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Hope to see you on the trails.

Not much ice anywhere.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:20 PM, moll672 said:

Happy to hear you are enjoying winters at your camp. Make sure to get the wife to drive the sled. She may find she wants her own. When trail riding you often will find yourself far from any civilization and a breakdown can happen at any time. Having a second sled along will ensure you get out safely. Let Soup Kid know what lake you are on, he knows the lakes very well.

• Like 2