Anyone have reviews of tour guide company " come play in the snow"?

infernobuster

Guy keeps posting up about his tour company that is doing a ride for 7 days up north .. company called "come play in the snow"

Any reviews ? 

Since Jan isnt looking so good, considering it as ive got the time off work for the dates he has posted.

4 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Guy keeps posting up about his tour company that is doing a ride for 7 days up north .. company called "come play in the snow"

Any reviews ? 

Since Jan isnt looking so good, considering it as ive got the time off work for the dates he has posted.

Got a link handy ?  Where are you seeing this pop up ?

19 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

Got a link handy ?  Where are you seeing this pop up ?

All over different sled forums on FB. 

Website is comeplayinthesnow.com .. ( or something close to it) but its outdated.

2 tours he is offering currently. And the one that interests me is the one for 7 days all up north .. seeing as no one i ride with can get the time off or has kids.

3 minutes ago, T bird said:

I’ve seen this as well. Something like 1500$ for the 7 day tour? Based out of Spanish I believe it said. I will try to find it and post here if I can 

Yep. But its $1200... thats for double occupancy.

Since if i went im flying solo, i have to pay more per night .. which doesn t make sense at all. 

12 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Yep. But its $1200... thats for double occupancy.

Since if i went im flying solo, i have to pay more per night .. which doesn t make sense at all. 

When you looking to go? I have been to north several times and see no reason to use a tour company if you can get a few experienced riders together. 

I didn't know they were still around. Used to get their map @ the T.O. show.

We got stuck behind a Deckers' tour group south of Chapleau 1 year. Never crossed paths w/ CPITS.

Let me know when you are planning on going, We have a week booked off and hotels booked for 3rd week of March, you are more than welcome to join us and save the fees of a tour guide.

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

I didn't know they were still around. Used to get their map @ the T.O. show.

We got stuck behind a Deckers' tour group south of Chapleau 1 year. Never crossed paths w/ CPITS.

I still have a couple of their maps. The map was great. It covered all the trails east of Geraldton and north from about Burkes Falls. 

In 2001 we did a large 7-day loop starting in Liskeard /Cochrane/Hearst/Wawa/ Sault/ North Shore (on the ice) with stop in Iron Bridge / Rocky's and back to Liskeard via Lake Temagami. 1500 miles all on the CPITS map. It's the only trip of 31 the 4 of us have done together that only required one map for the whole thing. One of my riding pals gave me a copy of that map with the whole trip detailed on it as a keepsake.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

When you looking to go? I have been to north several times and see no reason to use a tour company if you can get a few experienced riders together. 

feb 28/29 to mar 7/8

a little flexible but have to be to work on the Monday of the 9th.. 

thanks to nunz for invite up north but work schedule won’t play out. 

I've never met them, but they are not new by any means. Over 20 yrs for sure!

I'm sure they are a good crew or they wouldn't still be going. 

Another option is to just head north and try to hook up with someone else.

I've done it before, and also picked up a cpl once as well.

Edited by Ox
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

feb 28/29 to mar 7/8

Too bad. I can’t leave until the following week, but I am flexible for rest of March. Maybe next year. I keep you in mind since I do get several block weeks thru winter that I can be flexible too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Let me know when you are planning on going, We have a week booked off and hotels booked for 3rd week of March, you are more than welcome to join us and save the fees of a tour guide.

I'd be up for that Nunz!

PM me the details

Brian, is a good guy, just offering a touring guide service including, carrying your luggage, spares, tools with a chase vehicle. that is very appealing to some people worried about breaking down, finding a way to retrieve their sled in a mishap, far away from home. 

with that said... if you can read a map, or have internet access, you can plan a trip with friends, or like minded individuals from online groups, without the added fees but, a crap shoot on finding personalities you jive with (still an issue using the guide service). 

we used to "adopt" people in hotel/motel lots the mornings,  we were leaving for a destination, on a regular basis. i guided and planned many loop trips from dootalk, totallyamaha.com, hardcoresledder, snowest, here etc... met A LOT of great friends, and lasting friendships, had some great times. 

in the end, do you want to plan and execute your vacation, or just show up, and follow someone each day? that is a question, only you can answer.   but, again... brian is a good guy, and very good at his job. Ski

Edited by skidooboy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Any reviews ? 

Come up here anytime and I'll guide you around for free.

3 hours ago, infernobuster said:

feb 28/29 to mar 7/8

Check out the great northern expedition  https://www.canuckpowersports.com/expedition-event/

31 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Come up here anytime and I'll guide you around for free.

Ive used this offer before, was a good day.

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Brian, is a good guy, just offering a touring guide service including, carrying your luggage, spares, tools with a chase vehicle. that is very appealing to some people worried about breaking down, finding a way to retrieve their sled in a mishap, far away from home. 

with that said... if you can read a map, or have internet access, you can plan a trip with friends, or like minded individuals from online groups, without the added fees but, a crap shoot on finding personalities you jive with (still an issue using the guide service). 

we used to "adopt" people in hotel/motel lots the mornings,  we were leaving for a destination, on a regular basis. i guided and planned many loop trips from dootalk, totallyamaha.com, hardcoresledder, snowest, here etc... met A LOT of great friends, and lasting friendships, had some great times. 

in the end, do you want to plan and execute your vacation, or just show up, and follow someone each day? that is a question, only you can answer.   but, again... brian is a good guy, and very good at his job. Ski

That's kind of how the lodging database started. a co-worker of my brother was organizing a group tour up north. They had done the Northern Invasion tour a couple times. They figured they could do the arranging themselves. He was having trouble finding a motel in 1 of the towns so my brother sent him to see me. In those days the main source people used for lodging info was the listings @ the back of the OSM magazine. I said there wer 3 motels in the place (only 1 listed & it was booked solid). He didn't have internet (early 2000s) so I looked up the phone numbers of the other 2 places. He let me know that he ended up getting a room there.

They did a few more 'self-contained' tours themselves.

8 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Check out the great northern expedition  https://www.canuckpowersports.com/expedition-event/

You know - that site must have been built by a politician. 

Tells you want they want to tell you, but never addresses the questions.

Bryan's been around a long time.  He knows his country.  Even planned and ran trips to Moosonee.  Nice guy.

• Thanks 1

Infernobuster.I have been on 3 trips with Brian the owner of Come Play in the Snow.2 Atv trips and a long 7 day snowmobile trip.Mind you this was a few years back and all I will say is that he runs or ran a very good business. He had you lodging at nice places with great meals and each nite your gear was in your room at the end of the day.He used to put 10000 miles a Season on his sled doing these tours. We now do our own saddlebag trips but its getting that its hard to find riders who can be gone for more than a weekend.I just tonite tried to see if he had anything current on his website but like others it old but I did see he has 2 trips for 2020.He used to do one awhile back all the way up to James Bay where they had gas caches along the way.I remember one trip a rider had a BN Arctic Cat that had less than 100 miles on it and it broke down.Rusty Brian's co-worker who drives the truck and trailer took this guys sled 200 miles that night to a Dealer and had it back for him to ride that next morning.Our last trip with him, he carried a spare sled for someone just in case.Myself if I ever wanted to do another guided trip I would go again with him in a heartbeat.His prices are alittle high but but this sport isn't cheap and getting higher each year.Lastly if anyone is thinking of going, I would call him on the phone to get the latest itinerary for those 2 trips.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete/ny said:

Infernobuster.I have been on 3 trips with Brian the owner of Come Play in the Snow.2 Atv trips and a long 7 day snowmobile trip.Mind you this was a few years back and all I will say is that he runs or ran a very good business. He had you lodging at nice places with great meals and each nite your gear was in your room at the end of the day.He used to put 10000 miles a Season on his sled doing these tours. We now do our own saddlebag trips but its getting that its hard to find riders who can be gone for more than a weekend.I just tonite tried to see if he had anything current on his website but like others it old but I did see he has 2 trips for 2020.He used to do one awhile back all the way up to James Bay where they had gas caches along the way.I remember one trip a rider had a BN Arctic Cat that had less than 100 miles on it and it broke down.Rusty Brian's co-worker who drives the truck and trailer took this guys sled 200 miles that night to a Dealer and had it back for him to ride that next morning.Our last trip with him, he carried a spare sled for someone just in case.Myself if I ever wanted to do another guided trip I would go again with him in a heartbeat.His prices are alittle high but but this sport isn't cheap and getting higher each year.Lastly if anyone is thinking of going, I would call him on the phone to get the latest itinerary for those 2 trips.

Thanks for the honest review. 

Someone from this forum has reached out and extended a very "big" welcome to his riding group going north the same timeline.

If for whatever reason that fails or falls through, ill re consider Brian and his guided tour again.

• Like 3

Come to think of it - I have had their map taped up on the wall in my office now for >20 years.

Edited by Ox
too many "have" 's