Amos Quebec

DOM

Heading to Amos next week since Ontario is starting slowly.staying at Amosphere for the first time 

any hints or experiences. Going for four days of riding 

We like to do day trips (loops ) and back to the hotel for the hottub

any suggestions would be appreciated (lunch destinations)

We were there Saturday   you have made a good choice trails are great only one that need work was 307 . Restaurant closes at 11.30 am till  4 pm  so no lunch . Rouyn trails get busy on the weekend but not out of control . Grab a map and go.

There is a great little lunch restaurant on the main street of Barraute. White 2 story building with a little yellow restaurant sign on the glassed in porch roof. Its #671 on west side of the street near the corner of 10th avenue. It has great homemade food and awesome sugar pie.

If trail 307 is in good shape you don't want to miss a ride down it at least to the right turn onto the plowed road.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Only got a day, wished I had more, took the 93 to La Sarre, looped around and back to Rodeway Inn at Pikogan. No hassles or stops what so ever, kinda wish I could speak a bit of French but for the most part English speaking in most places we stopped, their trail map app is worth purchasing it even has a setting for how long since the groomer passed!!! 93 was an awesome trail lots a spots to stretch the machines legs.  

Safe trails!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjbffb said:

Only got a day, wished I had more, took the 93 to La Sarre, looped around and back to Rodeway Inn at Pikogan. No hassles or stops what so ever, kinda wish I could speak a bit of French but for the most part English speaking in most places we stopped, their trail map app is worth purchasing it even has a setting for how long since the groomer passed!!! 93 was an awesome trail lots a spots to stretch the machines legs.  

Safe trails!!!!!

Echo that-fast wide open trails usually immaculately groomed-93 from Barraute to Senneterre gives your pistons a work out!

2 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Oh baby...:drool2:

Screenshot_20200109-090151_Weather Network.jpg

Screenshot_20200109-090141_Weather Network.jpg

Screenshot_20200109-090129_Weather Network.jpg

When are you and Frank going Jeff?

• Like 1

I’ll be up there with a group of 5 or 6 Jan 17th - 20th. We are staging out of Hotel Forestel(our home away from home) and doing day loops and a couple night rides to the warm up shacks, Mont-Video, Barrute, Amos and Seneterre. You will not be disappointed; it is Motoneige Heaven! 

Sitting in the Motel Louise restaurant in Ville Marie right now. Post after the weekend on trail conditions in the area. Thanks PLC for your comment on Motel Louise. Great little place to stay. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, carman80 said:

I’ll be up there with a group of 5 or 6 Jan 17th - 20th. We are staging out of Hotel Forestel(our home away from home) and doing day loops and a couple night rides to the warm up shacks, Mont-Video, Barrute, Amos and Seneterre. You will not be disappointed; it is Motoneige Heaven! 

Maybe see you guys around..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FIRE242 said:

Sitting in the Motel Louise restaurant in Ville Marie right now. Post after the weekend on trail conditions in the area. Thanks PLC for your comment on Motel Louise. Great little place to stay. 

Enjoying retirement eh ... i like it!! 

3 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Sad Angliers Quebec news..

Screenshot_20200109-185825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Was a great spot 1/2 way from Temisk. to Rouyn!

Looks like you are going where the snow is TD. Follow the purple!

current snow depths.png

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Looks like you are going where the snow is TD. Follow the purple!

current snow depths.png

Which radar site is that from?

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Which radar site is that from?

It's a US government site but does show the "modelled" snow accumulations. You need to make sure the date is set correctly in the left side column. Here is the link:

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html?ql=station&zoom=&loc=Latitude%2CLongitude%3B+City%2CST%3B+or+Station+ID&var=ssm_depth&dy=2020

• Thanks 1

I am staying at the Amosphere on Sat night if anyone wants to introduce themselves.   I am on my Gade 850 XRS and my buddy has a 900T XRS..  

• Like 1