Kinmount Haliburton area

SRXChris

Hello. Still seeing yellow near Kinmount towards Haliburton area and wondering if anyone has rode these trails quite recently ?    I would like to try me sled out this year and possibly thought if trailering there.   

There is is also an area more to the northwest also yellow.  Any updates would be appreciated.   Thanks. 

Hi. That area to the northwest is Happy Wanderers club and it just opened yesterday. I havent tried it yet but i know the area very well. Pretty good early season riding. Almost all the trails are sweeping fast fun logging roads/seasonal summer cottage roads. Not that big of an area but enough for a few hours of amusement if you wanna try you're sled out. Fresh snow over night. I'd go there before the rail line. 

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

I'd go there before the rail line. 

Maybe, but if SRXCHRIS is coming from the east, the Victoria rail line might make more sense.

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.  I know there is parking around Kinmount.  The area further north(HAppy Wanderers club) is there parking for there?

7 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

Thanks guys.  I know there is parking around Kinmount.  The area further north(HAppy Wanderers club) is there parking for there?

The gas station in Baysville has parking, They are pretty good as long as you gas up and support them.

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

A friend was telling me that locals have been riding Kinmount area trails for awhile now.

The rail trail is yellow from Kinmount to Haliburton. Was open from Fenelon Falls to Haliburton before Christmas. 

That rail trail is in terrible condition lol, just kidding, it’s actually in amazing shape, but we’d rather keep it all to ourselves 

8 minutes ago, skidon said:

That rail trail is in terrible condition lol, just kidding, it’s actually in amazing shape, but we’d rather keep it all to ourselves 

Do you think it might open south to Fenelon Falls anytime soon. 

21 minutes ago, thetorches said:

Do you think it might open south to Fenelon Falls anytime soon. 

Probably. It will depend on the weather of course, but when it’s good around there it’s usually well traveled. 

• Like 1

Rode from fenelon to Hali today .. from superior lot is fine. Going into Fenelon is icey under the snow. 

Lots of snow as you head north. And the lake in Hali just got staked too. 
Hali club just posted that they are releasing some big news for tomorrow, to check the interactive guide out. Well see what that means.

Considering that Friday and Saturday are bringing into the area +75 mm of rain, id say everything will be gone by sat afternoon.

Yes...looks like rain  will start  very early Friday am Fenelon and south so will have to go north of Kinmount 

37 minutes ago, johnsazzr said:

Yes...looks like rain  will start  very early Friday am Fenelon and south so will have to go north of Kinmount 

Well north..

haliburton now shows rain Friday afternoon and Saturday now... 

29 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Well north..

yup...will be staying in the trailer for now..

2 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Well north..

ON_Snow_south.jpg

13 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Rode from fenelon to Hali today .. from superior lot is fine. Going into Fenelon is icey under the snow. 

Lots of snow as you head north. And the lake in Hali just got staked too. 
Hali club just posted that they are releasing some big news for tomorrow, to check the interactive guide out. Well see what that means.

Considering that Friday and Saturday are bringing into the area +75 mm of rain, id say everything will be gone by sat afternoon.

Been checking HCSA web site and haven't seen any updates yet.

6 hours ago, thetorches said:

Been checking HCSA web site and haven't seen any updates yet.

yeah they updated to say with incoming weather they are not going to open anymore trails till they see what the weather does.

Im headed up in the am for one final ride, as i have a feeling that will be it for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Rode from Lindsay to Haliburton today. Rail trail was great there and back. Covered in fresh powder.

Don't think they were groomed out of Lindsay. Two groomers heading north just past Kinmount. Put on 175 km.

• Like 2

Any info on how trails held up between Fenelon and Haliburton. 

Passed the groomer late yesterday afternoon on the rail trail. Was smooth down to gelert from Haliburton 

We rode mostly side trails yesterday. Railbed was knackered from traffic and temps. Slush and water. KLSC and TMSC trails were soft, like riding mashed potatoes, but were still very enjoyable. We did ride lightly. Not much for snow loss. 

Hali groomed the railbed lastnight, likely just panned down the slush. They also groomed north of here (Kinmount) on B trail, B112.